“Amazingly good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larne
Galway, Ireland
“Amazingly good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

After passing by this hotel countless times on frequent travel by car between Amsterdam and Ireland I finally decided to give it a try. I wish I had done so much earlier. This hotel ticks all the boxes as far as I am concerned. Friendly staff, spacious and comfortable bedroom, free WiFi and, last but not least, some of the best food I have ever had anywhere in Ireland. And all of this for a very reasonable/affordable price. Don't be fooled by the somewhat nondescript appearance from the outside: once you get inside this hotel is a class act from start to finish. I truly can't think of anything to criticise about the Curran Court Hotel. And it'ss just minutes from the Port of Larne. I'll certainly be going back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

A one night business trip brought me to Larne and my previous hotel I used to use had closed so I booked in here. I was a little worried as hotel near a port can be bad but this ended up being a very nice place to stay.
The hotel is rather plain on the outside as you drive up but as soon as you get inside things are on the up.
Very modern, clean and smart throughout every area of the hotel
Very friendly and helpful check in and out
Nice big, clean and modern bedrooms with tea making, large tv and comfortable beds
Good bathroom with nice toiletries and very large shower.

There is a large restaurant with a good menu choice (we didn't eat here)
There is no bar area so you need to order drinks an sit in reception which could be improved

Breakfast was excellent in quality and quantity!
Service was excellent by all staff

Great place, well done, add a proper bar and this place would be perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fantastic rooms, comfortable bed, shower/wet room wonderful. How often do you take a hot shower, get out and look in the mirror and it is clear as can be? The extractor in the shower is excellent. Breakfast was well cooked and you ordered just what you wanted.The evening meals are awesome. You are offered regular or small portions......I had salmon and opted for regular, two pieces of salmon,mash and vegetables, I could not eat it all and my husband had steak and chips with mushrooms and onions....he struggled to finish it! All the staff are very good and are happy to go the extra mile to make you stay enjoyable. We have stayed here three times now and will definitely be going back. The only place to stay in Larne!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are alike but overlooking the sea is nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We didn't stay here but stopped for lunch on our way down the coast. Outwardly it didn't look too promising - it's set in a retail park and isn't particularly picturesque. However, the food was very good - the home made burger was very good and the club sandwich was absolutely delicious - and the service was good. We would come here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Inverclyde, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here 4/5 Oct with group of friends as part of a "mature" Stag Party. Having stayed at the old Curran Court I was looking forward to my return to Larne. I was not disappointed. Although now located in the new retail park close to the harbour the facilities, food and hospitality were superb. The rooms are very well appointed, comfortable and have fabulous walk in showers. Meals are well presented, well cooked and very generous. One good selling point is that breakfast is served up 11.00, great, if like us, you have had a rather late night!!
All in all this was great value for money and a most enjoyable stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
LISBURN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I found out about this hotel when I Googled Antrim Hotels,and saw the Curran Court on the list.I,ve been in Larne many times but never knew of this hotel,Then I saw the reviews on Tripadviser and didn,t see any negative ones so I decided to give the Restaurant a try,after having looked at their Menus on line,It was a fine day for the drive down,and I thought if this doesn,t pan out,then a drive along the Coast Road,would compensate.Well the drive afterwards had to wait as the hotel and staff had such a welcoming feel about it,My wife and I were shown to a table in the conservatory and drinks were ordered while we checked the menu,the tea I ordered was truly well produced in the way it was served,full marks there.orders were made and the food duly arrived,and it truly looked appetising,and tasted as good as it looked,the helpings were generous,and I must say that we both enjoyed our meal to the fullest,the service staff were very attentive and displayed a friendly air about themselves,coffee finished of both of us,and no hurry was placed on us to vacate our table,all in all this a hotel restaurant that we will visit again and again,of that I have no doubt,cheers"Curran Court"till the next time ...

Room Tip: Didn,t stay, but everything We saw, would lead us to believe that any stay here would be rewarding...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Overall the staff were helpful and considerate as we were over for a family bereavement.
Which was emotional and difficult with having to book additional rooms for family
Members nothing was to much bother and the service and meals were exceptional and the portions more than generous a family feel to the whole stay
And we would go back in a heartbeat
Well done George and his team and Harry on reception for his helpful advice
Well done Team Curran

Regards

Dave & Janet
& The Dickson & Stevenson family

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larne
Ballygally Castle
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Dobbins Inn Hotel
Dobbins Inn Hotel
#3 of 6 in Carrickfergus

Been to Curran Court Hotel? Share your experiences!