All reviewsold stylebenicassim festivalspaluxuryretreattowncycletaxis
Reviewed May 1, 2017

This is a really lovely place - great setting overlooking the beach, wonderful seawater pool, nice rooms - but I (sadly) speak only English. Other good points include: a really comfortable bed, strong shower, and a lovely ambience. However, there was extremely little guidance, either written or from the staff, available in English, and that caused some problems. The treatment centre is a warren of rooms on two levels, with no signage in English and it is difficult to know where to go for what. I noticed new arrivals getting guided tours - always in Spanish - that were not offered to us. Many notices, such as activity classes in the pool or gym were only in Spanish, although some placed in the lifts were in English, but often a day or two out of date. Some classes were never listed. Please don't get me wrong, the staff were, almost without exception, friendly and tried to help, sometimes with a little English, and sometimes with none. But that didn't make up for feeling, especially initially, lost and out of the loop - a quite expensive loop at that. I might feel I am being a little unreasonable, after all I had gone to a hotel in Spain and then complained that they only spoke Spanish! However, the hotel is marketed by a UK "wellness holidays" company, and there is a decidedly medical slant to the offer - which is what I signed up for. At one - hilarious in retrospect - treatment, I changed back into my clothes after showering after a treatment, only to discover that it was actually mid-treatment and I should have done something completely different. Only a great deal of signing from the totally non-English speaking therapist persuaded me to disrobe again and get back on the treatment table. It was also disappointing to go into the gym in the afternoons to find only the running machines switched on, and no-one there at all. The cycles were turned off and unplugged. It's a bit sad really, because I'm sure that if I had spoken Spanish, I would have loved it all, but as it was, I feel that I didn't get value for money on what was a reasonably expensive holiday. Oh, and a final moan: I've never been to a hotel this expensive and had such horrid shower gel and body lotion. I wish I'd taken a massive bottle of Intensive Care like my friend did. In the final analysis, I came home feeling good and a little lighter, but as if we could have chosen better.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank uksa
Reviewed September 20, 2016

Lovely oldy worldly spa hotel as they used to be. Very friendly and helpful staff with a grand array of food at breakfast. The rooms although a little dated were spacious and comfortable with everything u needed. Nice balcony looking out to the sea. Chit expensive for car parking so try not to use the garage.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed May 11, 2016

If you want a nice Spa hotel and just relax. This is a place for you. The pool is beautiful and the Beach is only a 5 minute walk. Or barrow a bike from the hotel an take a ride on the Via Verde ( Green path) Built on the old train tracks that runs along the Mediterranean sea. You will love the views. July and August are the busiest times. I recommend June or September for the best weather and less people.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed March 30, 2016

I stayed 3 nights in March 2016. Hotel is 20 minutes walk from Benicassim city centre, which was a ghost town with a lot of restaurants closed. Probably because it was off season. Sea view rooms cost extra, I did not book that, but still had some view from balcony. Access to spa and gym included. Mostly older people. A very relaxed atmosphere. I did not try the restaurant, but the cafeteria food was not good. There is a good restaurant very close (Voramar).

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank tompengpung
Reviewed October 8, 2015

Needed a complete chill out and this hotel ticked all the spots. Beautiful typical Spanish hotel,wonderful spa plus 2 other pools which most of the time had a choice completely on our own. Lovely room spotlessly clean with wonderful views,breakfast was ample,ate in the restaurant 3 nights and food was very good and reasonably priced. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The town was a 25 minute walk away along a beautiful Plaza,with plenty of lovely tapas bars.Ryanair now flying to Castillion airport so about 45 minutes to Benicassim just hope it stays unspoilt.

Room Tip: Most rooms have sea view ours was 415
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple