Emerald Hotel
$39
$84
$58
  • Pool
Kremasti Memories Apartments(Kremasti)(Great Value!)
$43
$121
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsplenty of sunbedsgreek nightflight pathrhodes townbar staffair conself cateringthe busnext yearpool areathe main roadevery other daynothing too much troublegreek dancingnight receptionistfantastic holidayhalf board
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just spent 2 fabolous weeks at the emerald. Hotel rooms and facilities very modern spotlessley clean. Hotel staff were great Maria,Dimitrie, Domenic, George, Chris and Demi all made us feel like part of the "family" nothing too much trouble. Food at the hotel was great so many nights we ate there. very nice swimming pools !!! and very nice cocktail !!. Look forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Monikas J
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was my sister and I first trip to Greece. Our aim for the holiday was to relax somewhere quiet, catch some rays and do very little. We certainly achieved all this at this hotel. The weather was gorgeous whilst we were there, with the exception of a few clouds! Our room, we were self-catering, was very basic but clean. The food provided for lunch and dinner was amazing, so delicious and a huge range of choice. We ended up eating there most nights! Breakfast was very limited however, so I would not suggest paying for that. You are very close to the airport so yes there are frequent low flying planes but at the time we went may/June, there were not that many planes so it did not disturb us. I am a light sleeper so it did bother me a little at night time but barely.
The location isn't great if you want lots to do, you are near a beach but its pretty grotty and that is about it. You can get a bus easily to Rhodes town, however when we went we had to wait nearly an hr for our bus as they were running late and then the driver proceeded to squeeze us all in tightly like a herd of cattle! Wasn't impressed.
I could not fault the staff, from the minute we walked in, they looked after us, always smiling and ready to help. They even learned our names! Plus the day we were due to leave, our transfer wasn't picking us up till midnight so we had a 5hr wait in the foyer. The staff kept an eye on us and even gave us free wi-if to amuse ourselves!!!
The resort was very quiet when we went, but it wasn't really peak season, and actually it suited our needs perfectly. No fighting for sun beds, no rowdy teenagers. Yes it was generally filled with families and OAPS but that didn't matter to us.
On the whole we had an amazing holiday and a lot of that was down to the hospitality of Maria and her colleagues so a huge thank you to them :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ellen G
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

There are some common things to say that other reviewers have already said.

Positives. The transfer from the airport is quick. You are actually only a mile or so from the end of the runway!! The rooms pool and hotel are very clean. The maid service is very good with fresh towels every day. As the hotel was virtually empty (4 families were staying here) it was easy to get a sun bed.

The negatives. The planes. Lost count one day when more than 50 planes crossed the hotel in one day. They fly extremely low and yes it is only for 20 seconds at a time but one after the other is absolutely too much. They do fly at night and also through the night. Believe me you are very aware of their presence. I tried to block this out but after 4 days of disturbed sleep it finally got to me. I have never experienced this before. Look very carefully into your research if you are considering this hotel.

The attitude of the owners. We preferred to eat at local venues and had an occasional drink in the bar. As we were self catering it is our choice. We stocked up on beer etc from the nearby supermarket but they make it very clear they don't want you to drink it outside of your room. Not even a beer or coffee at your sun bed. For the first few days we were greeted with a good morning from the staff but this soon disappeared when they realised we werent spending any money in their hotel bar or restaurant. Maybe they forgot who the customers actually were here!

We stated on day one that we needed a late room and were told don't worry come and see the owner the day before. When we did she asked why we came so late as we now couldn't stay in our room. She was extremely rude to my wife and then refused to speak to us totally ignoring us. Customer service in this example was poor. She could have easily resolved to provide a room. I guess we knew at this point we wouldn't be waved off as other guests had been. And we were right. How unprofessional of the owner to behave in such a childish way.

I can't believe people actually come back here year in year out. The surrounding area is quiet granted but there is nothing here. Thanks to the rent a car man across the street who is extremely polite and helpful. We hired a car from him for a couple of days just to escape the planes travelling to lindos Rhodes Town and the water park which were all very good.

We won't be going back. Please take my advice. There are better locations in Rhodes.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank RAC66
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I'm not sure why people go back here, the planes are a joke and the wheels just manage to scrape the roof of the hotel. I counted 84 in one day and they start at 04.30-01.30 so if your lucky you get three hours sleep!
I did not get used to the noise as the rep expected i would,she was only visiting for an hour a couple of times a week, this alone I would recommend to stay in another resort in Rhodes.
The rooms very basic and uncomfortable beds and pillows and poor layout.
The Manageress strutted around all day with her yappy dog in tow and it yapped constantly with the noise reverberating around the pool.she was unfriendly unless you were spending money in the bar and eating there or sat cackling with the OAPS. We asked for a late checkout which cost €30 she told us to come the day before departure, when we did in the afternoon she said we should have come in the morning and it was too late, despite us telling her 6 days before! she then shouted at me and told me to get out! she has a bad reputation with other businesses in the area and is not s nice person. The place was empty and no wonder as if she treats people this way, this hotel attracts a certain kind if customer.
Right good points! Hire your car from Rio across the road very nice guy €50 for two days hire a lot cheaper than the hotel and tour rep.
There are only two places to eat Ideal bar- ladies thank you for keeping me sane and great food!
Water park in Falaraki was very good and a great day out
Lindos really worth a visit and no planes! Very peaceful and you can walk around the quaint streets as there are no cars!
I would recommend staying in another resort as Kremasti is noisy because of the planes, there is not enough bars, Tavernas and to get to the Main Street is 2k away a long walk for a meal every day.
I must say I was disappointed as I have been to many Greek islands as well as other Countries and this is the worst hotel and resort I have ever stayed in over 25 years of travelling.

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank BristolJeanine
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had read some mixed reviews on this hotel but needn't have worried. We stayed there in early July 2012. In brief, Maria the hotelier is brilliant and cannot do enough for you. Sorted out a budget price hire car for us at a fraction of the tour operators price. Our room was top floor and excellent, exceeded all our expectations. Breakfasts basic but ok. Dinners really very good, try each day's special, Greek night had loads of traditional food, dancing and was great fun. Waiters and bar staff excellent. Good supermarket and a small bar close by. Admittedly we had a good room and were lucky with the people we had around us, other people were less lucky. Some towel on sunbed behaviour but you get that anywhere. Also some obnoxious kids in pool area, but again if you don't like that go for an adult hotel. Buses into Rhodes town stop at the end of the road. This hotel is prefereable to those nearer town as they are full when they go past the last few hotels! The hotel is also on the inbound flightpath to the airport. so the planes do go over with wheels down (!) but do not let this put you off. They don't come in during the night, and in the day plane-spotting can pass the time by the pool. The hotel as an er... mixed clientele, some rough sorts but not too bad on the whole. On Rhodes generally you will find quite a lot of Russians these days which is not a positive, eg. in the valley of the butterflies they were throwing rocks at the butterflies to make them fly. There were some grumpy guests in the hotel who seemed to expect the earth. For £470 each for 10 nights I wonder how they would dare to complain. I'd been ill and was recovering when we took this holiday - it was just what we needed, and |I would recommend the hotel for anyone wanting a good value holiday with good location, good service and good food. Well done Maria, thank you.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms best, avoid the pool area
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple