“Wonderful people and place”

Bayside Hotel Katsaras
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kremasti
Hampshire
“Wonderful people and place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have to say, we stumbled across this place late at night, we were lost and tired, the owner helped us so much, he even got his brother to give us a lift with all our suitcases to our hotel, wouldnt accept any cash, we went back a few days later and had a meal there. food was fantasic, much better than where we were staying, we had a good look round, what a wonderful place and wonderful people. cant thank them enough and i will be staying here on our next trip to Rhodes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Debra C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Pics can only describe this...place. Thank god it will be onlyone night. Booked from booking.com and seemed totally DIFFERENT!!!! Dirty, small, noisy and no hot water, no soap and no space at all. During all night impossible to sleep as airplanes land less than two km from hotel

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank Alex1974mi

Travelers are raving about these Kremasti hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations on booking.com three weeks prior to our arrival. I called the hotel early on the day on our arrival as we were coming in late that evening and confirmed our reservation.

We arrived at the hotel and spoke with a male and female at the check-in counter about our reservation and they told us they had our reservation but did not have a room for us at this hotel.

It was a bit difficult to understand what was going on and they explained very little. They said they did have a room for us but not at this hotel. When I asked about it they acted somewhat offended and were very rude and impatient with me. It was an unpleasant experience of this was our first experience in Greece and I was unsure at all what was going on and where we were to stay.

When asked about details about where we were going and if it was the same hotel or not the lady again was incredibly impatient and very rude and seemed upset I was asking questions and said they had a room for me.

They didn't tell me where we were going and what the facility was like. I told her we had booked this hotel as it had a pool and was near the ocean and asked if the other one had a pool as well and she began yelling me at the pool was closed and I couldn't use it anyways.

They said they had a room for us just at a different facility and that they would have us taken there, and loaded our stuff into what appeared to be coworkers personal car and drove us to some obscure out-of-the-way hotel apartment facility nowhere near the ocean or anything else.

The manager of this place was friendly enough but it was a very "rustic" accommodation that I was not at all happy with but at this late hour and not knowing anything I thought we had little options. The rooms were not cleaned and I was very put off by the condition of the floors the bathrooms and the bedding.

The room was not very secure I was very nervous leaving any of our belongings in there. We had to wander down some dark alley to try and find somewhere to go eat unlike the original location we booked it was surrounded by restaurants.

Overall it was an awful experience and nearly ruined our holiday in Greece. I was shocked at the service we received from the people at the counter and the total lack of respect or remorse for not honoring our reservation.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank NWO_TA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Bayside Katsaras was my first experience in Rhodes, I was apprehensive but it was completely amazing. I arrived late at night but was made to feel at home from the start, I was given a sea facing room which personally made my holiday from then. It was a quiet period but I personally preferred that. Elena and Nick were so hospitable and friendly I was blown away. The room was clean and tidy, literally across the road from the beach. The pool area was amazing, well set out and with a bar right in the middle I can imagine it would be booming in peak season. Literally 2 mins from a good shop, 3 great bars, one with karaoke, and other resorts down the road to wonder into. A beautiful local beach bar 5 mins walk from the hotel serve the freshest local food in beautiful surroundings.15 minute bus ride into Rhodes town itself which was great although much more hustle and bustle as expected. Surrounding hotels/restaurants were so welcoming I went back many times for lunch and cocktails! I stayed half board at Katsaras and the home made meals by Elena were huge and delicious! The weather was amazing which is always a plus. I have very fond memories of Katsaras and the general freedom of Rhodes, I will definitely return to the hotel at some point, I miss it ever since I left! Thank you to all the staff for making my first experience of Rhodes the best ever! See you soon!

• Stayed May 2013
8 Thank heartrhodes
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved staying here and really miss it, stayed at Bayside 4 years on the trot and really enjoyed getting to know Nick Steve and irene, not been away for a few years but next time we do it will be back here,
The Hotels in a great location just step out of the back gate right on the beach, and there,s some lovely walks in both directions, Rhodes old town and the Harbor are a must see if you have never been here before, Also very handy for shop just across road facing Hotel and restaurants all around Hotel, try Pegasus Bar 5 mins walk down the lane left of the Hotel, really funny owner.
What ever you do though spend at lease a couple of nights just drinking and chilling at the bar chatting to Nick and Irene, this really makes your holiday.
See you soon guys. Ken & Sue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ken211155
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have just returned from another stay at Bayside, our stay was very enjoyable.We like a holiday where we can chill out and the atmosphere at this hotel lets you do this. The owners are very friendly and work very hard and long hours, even Mr George and his wife are still very hands on, even at their advanced years (90 and 85). Their sons, Nik and Steve run the hotel on a day to day basis, along with the brilliant Irenee. They go out of their way to make your stay memorable and nothing is too much trouble. All the staff from the cleaners to the gardeners take pride in the hotel. The rooms are spotless when you arrive, sheets and towels are changed often, bins are emptied, the cleaners make the beds and clean the rooms daily. The pool area and the gardens are lovely. In the garden there is a snack bar where you can get breakfast, snacks and a meal in the evening. It may not have the choice that some tavernas have, but there are always greek dishes available at very reasonable prices.
There is no entertainment, but the bar can be a lively and drinks are served until the last guest leaves. The pool bar was not open when we were there except for one afternoon when a pool party was held for over 100 young people from another resort. The hotel did not organise this they just provided the venue. All the drink was provided by the organisers, the hotel guests were invited and could use the free bar. The music and the games were aimed at the young people. There were many nationalities and although there was a free bar they were all very well behaved, most of the guests said that it was so nice to see young people enjoying themselves and being respectful to the guests.
The surrounding area is quiet but there are many all inclusive hotels at this end of Kremasti but if you head for the village there is a different atmosphere.
This hotel is self catering with the advantages of having a many facilities that a hotel has.
The beach is being improved and all the pebbles have been cleared, it is still pebbly as you walk into the sea but it soon levels and is very sandy.
If you want a good value holiday try this hotel, we will be going back again to meet up with friends we have made.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the sea are much cooler because the get very little sun.