Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $170.16
from $199.85
from $137.04
More Info
All reviews chair lift toboggan run private lesson great for families nursery slopes in excellent condition blue runs snow conditions walk up spent a week here inghams rep kitted out equipment hire chow fun northern lights warm up holiday club
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Excellent cross country ski area for classic and skating. Very long trails mostly classic and skating far into the wilderness of lapland and very professional prepared trails around the city of Saariselkä more for the racing typ skier.
Best time probably March and April.

Date of experience: March 2019
Juha P, Omistaja at Saariselka Ski & Sport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2019

Thank You Miro for your review. All the best for 2019 and see you again, maybe biking in the summer !

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Nothing more to say, but we had the time if our lives sledding this mountain. Views from the top were pretty.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank AlexAAA
Juha P, Omistaja at Saariselka Ski & Sport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Hello Alex! Thanks a million for Your feedback !
I wish You will furthermore have a great time at Saariselkä !
See You soon again ! Sunny springtime !

Reviewed March 30, 2019

Family spent the day here... the ski and I do not. I did a 3-hour private lesson and it was SO great! The instructor was very friendly, as was everyone who worked there. The family loved their runs and loved how much easier it was here to rent skis, no wait for lifts, etc. We all did the sledding... which was awesome and very VERY fast!

Date of experience: March 2019
Juha P, Omistaja at Saariselka Ski & Sport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Dear NYCDanny ! It was so great to read your review! GREAT ! You were brave to go and put the skis on and start. Too many people think they are too old to start in a grown -up age if they never have skied when younger. But the fact is, that the equipment has gotten better over the years, skis are easier to run. There many different types and options of them to find the suitable ones for everybody. And ski school and teaching at hand to start with. Then really why not? So great to have you as our guest and read your feedback. Welcome again and in the meantime, we wish you a great continuation of the year ! All the best and sunny regards to your family too !

Reviewed March 19, 2019

Our visit to Saariselka was not primarily for downhill skiing: we had come to experience a range of activities in the snow, but I decided to spend a morning on the downhill slopes and had a very enjoyable 3 hours. Turned up at the ski-centre at 10:00 am, there was no queue to get fixed up with equipment hire, so by 10:15 I was kitted out and at the bottom of the chairlift directly outside. The 3 hours starts as soon as you enter the lift for the first time. I'm not an expert skier by any means so the wide open mostly blue runs were enjoyable enough for me. I was able to ski all morning without ever having to queue for a lift. Snow conditions were ideal, slightly powdery. Uncrowded slopes. Would have worked out a lot cheaper per hour if I had longer pass/equipment-hire but that's normal and I only wanted half a day. So if that's what you're after, its ideal. Came back another day and did the toboggan run 4 times.....highly recommended!

Reviewed March 17, 2019

Struggled to find much info before heading out to Saaraiselka with Inghams so hopefully the following us useful.

Skiing - ltd ski area , all fairly gentle gradient. But...there is some sidecountry fun to be had in the trees. I went on a 3 hr deal with the ski school for lift pass/ski hire/90 mins with instructor for 98 euros. Probably didn't find too much that I wouldn't have found myself but always more fun to have company. From top of isikpaa (excuse spellings!) head right if you're looking up the hill. You drop into the trees and end up back in the car park at bottom. Otherwise it is nipping into the trees towards the bottom half of the pistes where it gets steeper and in-btwn the tracks on short pitches. I expect there is some fun backcountry if you can skin a bit . They're not really set up for it though, they said I was the only person who'd requested backcountry all season!

Walking trails - some nice trails from Saariselka up to the aurora hut and on to isakappa fell. MArked as snowshoe but we walked on them fine in walking boots.

Finally, we stayed at Holiday Club and like others have said, buffet food not great. Not awful but just very samey for 6 nights. Breakfast is better though. We had a refurbished room that was lovely. Didn't interact much with the Inghams rep Les but he seemed very pleasant and organised.

Any questions ask away :)