Arrival here is by bus out on the main road. There is no one to greet you from the hotel and you therefore must find your own way there, dragging your suitcase through the ice and snow.
Upon check in I was given a map and had to find my own way to my room. I am very fit and I struggled immensely to make it to my room which was about 600 meters away across the river. It was dark and poorly lit. The snow was very deep and I was literally dragging 25kg of luggage. It's very dark here day and night in winter and I found it hard to locate my room.
The glass igloos are very small, you have to bend yourself in half to get through the door. There's only a toilet no shower. The showers are elsewhere. I'm yet to find them.
There are no tvs and the wireless internet is limited to the reception area. If you are not on a guided safari there is nothing to do.
Oh and to top it off the glass in the igloo is completely frosted over so you can't see the sky!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kakslauttanen Hotel And Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Saariselka
- Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort Finland/Saariselka