It is not easy to write a review about the Glass Igloo of Kakaslauttanen as we have so mixed feelings. I have read the review before and I do agree with many of them.
The Glass Igloo are a technical masterpiece, nice and always warm, glass never foggy even you have temperatures differences from 50 degress in-to outside. I dont want to imagine their electricity bill! Having the incredible luck to see 3.5 hours full of wonderful Auroras makes this experience truly unforgettable. However this should not be a part of the review as the Aurora are not "included" in the price and you need to be lucky to see them.
I understand the high price of the Igloos. Technically, its worth. Also the village is very nice and really lovely built with lots of nice details. But there it ends!
What dissapointed me and also the reason I would never go back was the following:
- lots of staff but all asian with bad english and noone really is informed about whats going on
- you are not treated as a guest who will pay a small fortune for the night. You are treated like a tourist, happy to be there with them
- there are no showers in the Igloos, you have to go to the main house. No problem with that, however the showers are open (6 total) and it feels more like camping with absolutely no privacy. 2 hairdryers only and not a single mirror (for women quite difficult)
- you pay for Coffe or Tee 2€!! Not even included in this high price. Served will it be in cheap plastic cups. Absolut No-go for this price range!
- Dinner is ok. But could be better as previously mentioned. Breakfast eggs were served in cheap plastic cups, orange juice was more water than anything else
- the Igloos itself was very very warm - 25 degrees without any possibility to adjust the heat yourself
- we paid to be using the whole park as an Attraction: however the whole park was closed, the Ice Church was closed so nothing to do at all
After all - the big lack of this Hotel is their Manager who shuffles every penny. Cheap staff, no service, rather save money than offer a nice cup, or a mirror extra. If I arrive at a expensive place like this calling itself "Santa Park" I want to see a nice Finnish Women in traditional clothe, welcoming me. It's the little things that can make a stay wonderfully unforgettable or badly memorizable.
Would I go back? - No
Would I recommend it? - No
Was it great? - Yes, but cause of the mother Nature above us. The Hotel itself did not make our stay truly unforgettable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kakslauttanen Hotel And Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Saariselka
- Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort Finland/Saariselka