We stayed in a "Polar Cabin" from 16th to 19th February. We had actually booked a Nordic Cabin but had been upgraded free of charge.
The log cabins are gorgeous, with their own log fires and private saunas. A big bonus for me was the underfloor heating in the wet rooms, great for warming toes after the excursions.
Due to a long delay at Helsinki it was nearly 11pm by the time we reached the hotel. However, the very friendly and welcoming staff drove each of us to our cabins to drop off our luggage before driving us back to the restaurant. Although these were only small distances at that time of night and after a lot of travelling this was a great help.
Even though dinner should have finished at 10pm they held it open for us and we still had the full 3 course dinner.
In peak times they only have two dinner sittings, however as it wasn't so busy we could eat when we wanted to, which was good.
I had read that the food wasn't great, however I found the food to be lovely, plus there is always the choice of the A la carte menu. There you only have to pay for the difference in cost of the meals (not a lot) if you are staying half board.
The breakfast buffet was also good, a lot more choice than some other european city hotels! There were always rolls, ham, cheeses, eggs. Plus the usual toast and cereals.
For all excursions you are picked up from the hotel and all thermal equipment is provided when you get to each excursion.
All in all this was a great holiday and I would thoroughly recommended it to everyone.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kakslauttanen Hotel And Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Saariselka
- Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort Finland/Saariselka