“What an incredible find!”
Review of Javri

Javri
Ranked #10 of 20 Restaurants in Saariselka
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Let the chefs surprise you! The philosophy of the cuisine is to preserve the local ingredients, such as fish from nearby Lake Inari and cloudberries, showcasing the freshness of Arctic organic food and innovative flavours. All meals are made from scratch each day, based on what has been caught and is otherwise only limited by the chefs’ imagination. 100% GENUINE.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had all sorts of expectations about Lapland, but finding an exquisite restaurant of the calibre of Siberia was a real surprise. The food was imaginative, delicious and beautifully presented. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I wish Siberia was in my home town.

1  Thank DAR_Sydney

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Based on tripadvisors reviews we decided to eat in Siberia and went for the 9 course menus with corresponding wines. The young sommelier explained in short key points to the wines but not too much details which I am personally liked a lot. Expect to effort the same budget for the wines which you spend on food but it was a very good combination. When I'm next here I'll certainly visit Siberia again. During the week not fully booked so we had the restaurant at the end of the evening for our own finishing the superb food with a White Russian at the warm fireplace.

1  Thank Thore H
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I have the opportunity to eat at several Michelin starred restaurants every year, and the dinner I had at Siberia was every bit their equal.
All ingredients are local, but the creativity with which they prepare them elevates them to a wonderful new level.
The menu is a fixed tasting menu format. Your only choices are the number of courses (6 or 9 on the night we were there), and whether or not you wanted to add the wine sampling flight (don't choose your own wines ! Their outstanding young sommelier is doing an absolutely fabulous job with the pairings). We tried 6
different wines (1 w/ every course) but the portions were modest so you don't end up too inebriated to enjoy the meal.
For our kids, they had a 3 course menu that was a wonderful alternative to the normal "chicken fingers or pasta" choices and they really enjoyed it!
The dishes were all brilliantly composed, and flawlessly executed.
Service was friendly and very attentive, and all the service staff were very knowledgable about the dishes, ingredients, and preparation methods.
I walked away completely satisfied, but not bloated. It was the most pleasant meal I can recall eating in a very long time. It was not inexpensive by any means, but it is a fair value for such an exquisite evening.

1  Thank J3_Rye
Reviewed February 23, 2013

See my "Saariselka Panimo cabins" review.

The wine list is a tad expensive, but the food was excellent. We had a lovely evening, & despite only 2 other tables being occupied, there was a nice atmosphere & the staff were not too attentive - I hate it when your glass is constantly topped up & you feel rushed.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our first evening in town we had the six course tasting menu with wine pairings. Every dish was exceptional, with perfectly balanced flavors and textures and the wine pairings exactly complemented the dishes. The reindeer heart amuse-bouche was delicious and the miniature peanut butter and jelly on macaroon pre-dessert was delightfully charming.

We have since returned twice during the day for surprisingly affordable coffee in the cafe area.

The restaurant would be deserving of a Michelin star if not for the restroom facilities, which while clean and well kept, are purely functional.

2  Thank muon1183