“Busy Sunday”

Sambuca 1
Ranked #11 of 110 Restaurants in North Shields
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Providing a vibrant family friendly atmosphere here on the North Shields fish Quay, we pride ourselves on providing good service, and good quality food and drink at affordable prices. Remember... Every hour at Sambuca 1 North Shields is happy hour.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Busy Sunday”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Visited a few weeks on for a Sunday lunch,I knew exactly what to expect, busy, noisy, loud and manic but the food is good and cheap.I think they try really hard not to lose any business at all so it feels like you're on a conveyor belt. We had our soup which was lovely and then waited 30 mins for our main course, when we enquired where it was, it was pretty obvious they had forgotten so we had to wait a further ten mins.I wasn't happy about it but they just brushed it off.I would go back to another Sambucas but this one is too ott for me.Too busy, you're crammed in and the service is
hitty missy x

• Visited May 2013

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Delicious and great atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We took my Mum here for a birthday treat and a real treat it was. The restaurant looks out over the Tyne. The staff are friendly and service was second to none. My husband and I had mussels in chilli sauce as a starter which was to die for.Complimentary garlic bread as we were ordering was a nice touch. mum had melon cocktail which she commented would have been better with a hint of ginger. Main courses were chicken in white wine sauce,fillet steak au poivre and fillet steak rossini served with salad chips (proper big fat chips!) and home made onion rings. No room for desert after those generous portions. With wine and beer the whole cost of the meal was £60. Can't be beaten for value for money, great food and lively atmosphere. we will go again when in the NE.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JeanSEEngland
Tyne & Wear
“Oh I love a good pasta”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a great Italian restaurant and never disappoints. The food and service are second to none. The staff are good ad the food is excellent

Visited April 2013
newcastle
“Squashed in like sardines”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I heard that this place was good but all a bit too squashed in for me with tables literally pushed up against each other. The waiters rush around with hot plates above your heads and we had a full coke spilled down our backs with no offer of cleaning or any reimbursement at all. Food is cheap and its ok. Just not enough space.

Visited February 2013
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Lunch time bargain”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great little Italian opposite North Shields fish quay. Always busy especially at lunch time, popular£3.95 lunch special including starter, any pizza or pasta then ice cream or coffee, their seafood pizza is one of the best I've had especially for the price. Staff always welcoming despite being busy, can book a table or queue at the door. Also have a choice of meat and fish dishes as well, the mixed fish platter is popular and comes with chips and salad. Always quick service though don't feel rushed, can sit with a bottle of wine especially as the house wine is only £8 a bottle. Definitely worth a visit

• Visited April 2013