“Sambuca flamer”

Sambuca 1
Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in North Shields
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Providing a vibrant family friendly atmosphere here on the North Shields fish Quay, we pride ourselves on providing good service, and good quality food and drink at affordable prices. Remember... Every hour at Sambuca 1 North Shields is happy hour.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

An enjoyable birthday dinner. We were a large party of adults and children on a Saturday evening. Prices are extremely good value for money. All of our meals came together and the ingredients were fresh. Pizzas have a thin crust with generous toppings and are delicious. Fillets steaks were juicy, meaty and flavoursome. Most importantly they were cooked according to preference. The fish was fresh and well prepared.

The staff were attentive, accomodating all of our food preferences and even instigated a rendition of happy birthday for the lucky birthday girl. We had brought a cake but parked it in favour of the desert menu.

All in all a lovely venue to have a birthday celebration.

We were seated upstairs due to the size of our party, which wasn't a problem in itself. However, it was cold and a little draughty and a number of our party was chilled by the end of the evening. I would recommend some supplementary heating to make it a more cosy atmosphere for customers during the colder months.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

November 2,2012....Went out for dinner with my wife stepson and is girl friend,was looking forward to this meal as i have been to the original Sambuca's but they had no tables this night at the time we wanted so went to S2,Walked in and right off it was small and space was tight! we were lead to our table and sat,the restaurant was busy,we sat awhile before our order was taking,they brought our drinks and again we waited,we finished the drinks before the food arrived and they got it mixed up as to who ordered what food,i ordered the steak with a wine sauce and chips,there was veg option to go with the steak i thought that was odd! over all the food was ok nothing special,we had ordered desert and waited a good 30-40 minutes before it was brought to us,and when it arrived they just brought two and we waited 5 minutes for the other two to arrive, i got the chocolate fudge cake and believe me it was not worth the wait! it seemed as if we were at a pub,it was noisy,cramped and so noisy by the time we left my head was pounding! Overall it was just ok,was not impressed at all!!

1  Thank Blair H
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Average bait, average service but a fantastic price defo worth a visit. Steak prices are brilliant. At times you do feel very cramped.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Moved son to Sunderland for Uni in September and spotted Sambuca near by. I have now visited 4 times, taking the wife and various others and going again next Saturday. We have only taken advantage of the lunch time offer so far but have found the food, value for money and service second to none. We have obviously seen food from other parts of the menu go out and they look fantastic. If I was living where my son is I would spend most of my time there happily extending my girth.

1  Thank Ian H
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I have dined here numerous times and love it. Quite a small restaurant but all food and service is outstanding value :-)