“As you find it”

Cuisines: Pub
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“As you find it”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

After a morning appointment in town we were starving so noticing they served breakfasts here we popped in.
The pub looks it's a regular meeting place for some, and it had quite a warming atmosphere.
There was the normal choice what you'd expect from your typical 2 for 1 menus, so don't go here expecting the spectacular.
The staff were welcoming, the food was OK, did a job !!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank hi59

Newcastle
“Utter dive”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been here twice for food, once for a breakfast which was revolting and luke warm, cheap sausage and just generally poor standard. Second time was a lamb shank, which I assume was bought in, horrible horrible food. Service is also crap, don't know who some of the staff think they are. I will never go back. If anything they serve here is cooked from scratch I will eat my slippers

• Visited October 2012
5 Thank Talkofthetoon
North Shields, United Kingdom
“lunch with Hubby”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Hubby and me went for a snack in the Pow Burn Thursday 5th July, I had Jacket Potato and beans, hubby had potato wedges with cheese. My jacket potato was burned and I got a table spoon of beans, potato wedges were too well done, would not recommend it. Also staff were not interested spend more time chatting to regulars at the bar. This place is slowly getting worse.

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank Christine D
“Just remember its a pub!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

If your in the middle of north shields and fancy a bite for lunch then its the best place. Food is average for adults and good for kids, good value aswell for some meals. Would avoid going late afternoon and evening unless you enjoy eating dinner in a rowdy atmosphere. But it is a pub and its a town pub atmosphere you get.

1 Thank Raregoodfoodwriter
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Award Winning and Deservedly So.”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

From the outside the Pow Burn looks just like any other everyday pub but inside was quite a revelation. I was immediately taken with the size of the interior, enough room to be both friendly and private.

The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient - when the barmaid (excuse the terminology, I'm an old-fashioned gal!), offered to help me with my drink and promptly carried it over to my table I could almost imagine I was in the Rovers Return being offered table service from Tina, or, previously, Liz.

For lunch I opted for the fish and chips with mushy peas and am so pleased that I did as it was wonderful. Freshly cooked chips and hand-battered fish - mouth-wateringly delicious. I'm not a huge eater so struggled with my portion (regular size) but tried my damndest to finish as it was so lovely, sadly, I was unable to do so.

With a range of starters, melts, wraps and mains, this award winning pub (The Publican Food & Drink Awards 2010), offers food that even the smallest purse could afford.

Visit the family friendly Pow Burn is you like your food fresh, your service with a smile and the atmosphere relaxing.

• Visited August 2011