“Just remember its a pub!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pow Burn

Pow Burn
Ranked #82 of 106 Restaurants in North Shields
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
“Just remember its a pub!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

If your in the middle of north shields and fancy a bite for lunch then its the best place. Food is average for adults and good for kids, good value aswell for some meals. Would avoid going late afternoon and evening unless you enjoy eating dinner in a rowdy atmosphere. But it is a pub and its a town pub atmosphere you get.

1 Thank Raregoodfoodwriter

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Award Winning and Deservedly So.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

From the outside the Pow Burn looks just like any other everyday pub but inside was quite a revelation. I was immediately taken with the size of the interior, enough room to be both friendly and private.

The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient - when the barmaid (excuse the terminology, I'm an old-fashioned gal!), offered to help me with my drink and promptly carried it over to my table I could almost imagine I was in the Rovers Return being offered table service from Tina, or, previously, Liz.

For lunch I opted for the fish and chips with mushy peas and am so pleased that I did as it was wonderful. Freshly cooked chips and hand-battered fish - mouth-wateringly delicious. I'm not a huge eater so struggled with my portion (regular size) but tried my damndest to finish as it was so lovely, sadly, I was unable to do so.

With a range of starters, melts, wraps and mains, this award winning pub (The Publican Food & Drink Awards 2010), offers food that even the smallest purse could afford.

Visit the family friendly Pow Burn is you like your food fresh, your service with a smile and the atmosphere relaxing.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Dawn P
“Service without a smile.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

The food is not bad in most instances, however some of the staff look and sound like they don't want to be there, in an industry where a smile goes a long way would make me go back, however on my last vist service wasn't what it used to be, which in turn brings the atmosphere down also. I would still recommend to a friend, but the staff need to cheer up a bit more!!

1 Thank Knifeinhell
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charlotte is the only reason I visit this pub.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

Crap pub! Crap wine! But one beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, tantalizing, flaxen dark haired beauty, with a great laugh, is a great reason to visit.

1 Thank Iloveplymouth
North Tyneside
“Pow Burn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

Huge selection and huge dinner, spoiled by the undercooked vegetables and horrendous soggy Yorkshire pudding

1 Thank supergob