“Beautiful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wheatsheaf Inn

Wheatsheaf Inn
Ranked #11 of 106 Restaurants in North Shields
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
newcastle
“Beautiful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I visited with a party of 5 on a Saturday lunch time for a get together with relatives. The menu was really good with meals from about £6.00 upwards. I choose the braised beef with a potato rosti, wilted spinach and a mushroom and red wine sauce £9.95 The other members of the party ordered chicken breast wrapped in chorizo , and steak and kidney pie. We did wait about 25 min for the food but as its freshly cooked this was not a problem. It was well worth waiting for as the food was amazing and well prepared. We also had 3 bottles of wine and 3 ciders and the whole bill was £89.00 which I thought was excellent value for money. The quality of the food was amazing and far exceeded my expectations. Cannot wait to go back and sample the rest of the menu. I normally eat at the Shiremoor Farm and did not think that I could find a pub service better food but have to say I have now.

• Visited September 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty Sunday Roast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our first visit to this pub was on Sunday August bank hol weekend. We arrived about 2.30pm and surprisingly had a good choice of tables which were set out very neatly, modern decor, we sat by the French doors which was lovely, we had bought our drinks at the bar before we sat down, but could have had them brought to us, we were handed menus and were told there would be a 15min wait which was very reasonable. We chose the beef and the chicken, the veg came on a separate dish and was varied and nicely cooked. We can honestly say it was one of the tastiest Sunday lunches we'd had in a long time, everything was cooked to perfection. The only reason I didn't give it five stars, was the bar staff kept repeating would we like a bar tab each time my husband went for drinks, (which got on his nerves) ha! Overall though a nice friendly atmosphere, tasty food and very good service.

Morpeth, England, United Kingdom
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This restaurant has been taken over and despite the difficulties of trying to build up their own clientele , the new people Andrew and Tina have done extremely well . The food is superb and it was quite busy...service good and everyone's is very friendly . The pub is in need of an update but that will come in time . I have experienced Andrews food before and it's second to none . Hopefully word will get round . I wouldn't hesitate in going regularly if I lived closer .

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service Bad Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Arrived at this pub after our 1st choice the Shiremoor farm was full, not knowing the area decided to give it a go (Bad Idea) On arrival informed there was a 15-20mins wait for a table, as it was a Sunday afternoon this sounded quite reasonable, but after sitting for 50 mins, to be then told sorry it's taking so long, people are ordering puddings!! While we waited for our table a family of 4 and a family of 3 had also joined in the waiting, when we were eventually shown to our table 1hr 5mins later, they were also shown through, only to find there were actually empty tables in the restaurant. As we were now totally starving decided to go straight for main course, our order was taken immediately, which we thought was a good sign, wrong, we then sat for another 45mins, only to hear our waitress telling another one, the salmon was taking forever, obviously my partners fault for ordering it, when the meals did finally arrive 50mins later, My partner informed me the salmon was tasty, same could not be said for the Pork Sunday lunch, vegetables very bland, mashed potato watery, pork cut into door stop pieces, making it very hard to chew and roast potatoes been in the microwave once too often, all in all a complete waste of 2hrs on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon, I know they cannot gauge how long customers will take when ordering food, but do not give un-realistic times for tables, if we had been told 50mins when we arrived, yes we would have gone elsewhere, but you would not be getting this review now.

1 Thank julie m
Perth, United Kingdom
“good and cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

great choice of menu and very friendly staff food is also very resonably priced worth a visit ideal for families eating out on a budget

Visited July 2013