“Good food, good value”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have ate here on three or four occasions and we have never been disappointed. It has always been busy when we have been there which I consider to be a good sign. We normally go for the afternoon special which is good value and the food is well cooked and attractively presented.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Fish Quay increasingly draws me from Tynemouth Front Street and the Taphouse is a major pull!
The afternoon special for three tapas dishes and a bottle of wine is excellent value. On a recent Saturday afternoon visit we were enjoying the food and atmosphere so much that we ordered a second round - well and truly full with taste buds happy.
Staff are spot on - friendly and unassuming.

The manager is really canny and made us feel really welcome.

1  Thank North_Tyne
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This pub isnt the biggest place but we now go there at least once a month for their tapas the food is excellent and we have NEVER been disappointed. The Manager is a lovely guy as are his staff and the chef Les is lovely and a really funny guy!!!!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

After finding this place I now come in regularly. The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is just excellent. All fresh local produce and cooked in-house. The Sunday dinners are nearly as good as my Mam's (high praise indeed) and the Tapas are universally excellent. Don't be fooled by thinking that the portions are going to be normal Spanish sized though. These are full meals. It is a pub though, so don't expect to be able to book tables and it does get very busy. Deservedly so.
I will

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We where recommended this pub/restaurant by a friend who had been before in his words" really really good food and great value for money" we'll we thought we would try it for Sunday dinner ( we normally go to Toby carverys ). We arrive at 12.30 but didn't book a table, but got one straight away which we thought was good because the friend had said its really busy and it's first come first served. My partner ordered two mixed meats dinners which I might add sounded good for a mere £8.95. We also ordered two pints of lager shandy. Well when my partner gave me my drink it must have been the most cheapest lemonade in the world because all I could taste was watered down lager. Not a good start. Lunch arrived and it looked impressive on huge oval plates. There was beef, and more beef and a slice of Polk and lamb. There was a dollap of mash potato, some cabbage, carrots and swede and even a bit of cauliflower all spread out on the plate to make the plate look full then there was a small Yorkshire pudding and then loads of gravy flooding the plate. No you might think that's a lot of food but well here goes. All the meat was cold, some was still very pink not the way I like it, mash, carrots and in fact all the food on the plate had not been cooked with salt, it was so bland and tasteless I had to use 5 packs of mint sauce to give the food a bit taste. There was also roast potatoes 3 of on the plate but I wouldn't say roast to lightly because they where deep fried in dirty oil. All the veg had a bad after taste which I think was the margarine in it or on it. I love veg but couldn't eat it and the Yorkshire pudding just tasted of nothing!!! I would not go back to this place if the food was free. Cannot wait for my Toby next week.

4  Thank Tess03