“Below parr on this visit”

Oceans Fish and Chip Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 111 Restaurants in North Shields
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Regular customer, everything as fine but not great. The batter was very greasy and the chips seemed littered with small end of potatoes pieces and lots of grey/black pieces that should gave been disregarded before being served to us . It was fine but not up to parr.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hi, my other half and I were having a walk around the fish quay when we felt hungry, now we normally use another chippy nearby but her who must be obeyed decided to try this one.
It was very clean inside with various paintings by local artists on the walls but it felt a bit cold
and impersonal The waitress must have being having a bad day because she did not want to know even though their was only 8 people inside, we asked for stripped cod<this means it has less batter on it so is healthy> when she brought it she asked who wanted the stripped cod, not good when we had ordered 2, this was pointed out she said oh yes they are both stripped, as we ate them we found neither were stripped.
We will not be going back

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I took a 28 strong group of mixed Europeans. Polish, English and Swedish young people for fish supper. When i booked the manager was very accomdating with menu choices, portion size etc. When we arrived we were welcomed by staff who went out of their way to offer good service. Some of the group had never had fried battered fish and the food they served represented this british favorate well and tasted fab! We didnt wait long for our meals despite the size of the group. It was good value for money too. the resturant is nicely decorated and spotless which I like. I have now been to a few on the North Sheilds quayside and would definatly recommend Oceans as the best.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Enjoyable haddock and chips, good size portion with very nice batter. The haddock was a good size, very white and fresh. Chips were a touch dry but still nice. Good value with bread and butter and a pot of tea all for £6.95. Kids chicken or fish with chips and a drink again good value at £3.80. All food well cooked and service pretty good too. All in all, good value and probably the best for fish and chips on the Fish Quay.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've been here a couple of times now with friends and family and none of us have ever been disappointed. Oceans gives real value for money, the fish is delicious and chips just right, the portion sizes generous. My favourite is a large cod and chips for £7.95 - for that price you get a cup of tea or coffee, bread and butter, a slice of lemon, a mountain of chips and a huge piece of fish (almost as big as my lower leg - I am not kidding). The only thing I would say is come when you are really hungry otherwise it'll go to waste!!