“Fresh fish and chips”

Ranked #28 of 113 Restaurants in North Shields
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

First time here but won't be the last, , Excellent fish and chips, and if I say so myself we are connoisseur of fish and chips , only bettered by babacombe fish and chip's.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Regular visitors here. Lovely tasty haddock and juicy cod in super crisp batter and big chips. Huge portions. Good prices for quality. Great service from helpful staff. Clean and airy dining area. Thanks again for a good meal.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Keep coming back in case it was just the once but it's not - they're always luke warm at best. Wish it wasn't so disappointing

1  Thank Martincox1892
Reviewed June 27, 2013

When you live in the middle of the country and are used to fish that comes in miniscule perfectly-formed rectangles and the accompanying chips are invariably out of a cardboard box (both at horribly inflated prices), you appreciate real fish when you are eating out. Believe it or not, I dream of Oceans I first went there with family a little over a year ago. This week, we went back and my memories had not let me down. The fish was large and the chips were superb. Can't comment on the cost because my son-in-law had paid the bill before I could. As for the staff indifference commented on by some previous writers I have to say I didn't see any of it. Just the opposite in fact. One word sums up Oceans for me - 'excellent'. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

fast service and very helpful with wheelchairs etc. Pensioners portions generous at v. reasonable price- delicious fish.