“Enjoyable day”

Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable day”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We walked in without a booking at 1pm and got a table for 4 people straight away. All the food at the Buffet looked lovely, it tasted fantastic.
I can't think of many places where 4 people can order a round of drinks, eat 3 courses and the bill come to £30 or so!

Newcastle, England
“Disgraceful service”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I arrived at 6.20pm, straight from work and starving. We were a party of 4 including a hungry 4 year old. We were refused a table and advised we would need to wait in the bar until 7pm. Both the food and the price change at 7pm. I gladly offered to pay the higher price if we could be seated immediately. ( The restaurant was less than half full.) My offer was refused.
It's hard to believe in the current climate, that any business can afford to turn away customers. I've eaten here before, and the food was pretty decent but I doubt I'll be back again in a hurry.
I've given one star rating only because it isn't possible to give zero.

Visited June 2013
CLX2, Manager at My Shanghai At The Cannon Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Reviewer
Firstly Myshanghai would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused during your visit. Just to clarify that we would never turn custom away. The time your party arrived was 6.20pm and a member of staff would have offered you 40 minutes to dine and pay and vacate your table by 7pm or have a drink in our bar and wait for the Grand buffet which starts at 7pm. The time your party arrived, the restaurant was getting ready to changing menu and replenishing the food so this would be ready for our Grand buffet diners. We understand that you offered to pay the higher price but we have set up a policy that all diners would have to pay and vacate by 7pm as a small minority wish to stay beyond 7pm and not wanting to pay the higher price. Once again I would like to apologise for any inconvenience.
Cullercoats
“Marvelous value for money”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food during the day is good but if you want to treat yourselves book a table for after 19-00, when the food gets really good. Absolutely fantastic value, good service and a full stomach guaranteed.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank CullercoatsPaul
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Shocking Service”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Decent, fairly inexpensive food which is let down significantly by terrible, rude customer service! Do not go between 6pm and 7pm as you will be told in no uncertain terms that you cannot eat until 7pm and you should 'READ THE BOARD OUTSIDE'!

Dear Reviewer
May I take this opportunity to clarify the dining times of My Shanghai at the time you and your guest arrived. The Happy Hour buffet starts from 4pm and finishes at 7pm therefore all diners must pay and vacate the table by 7pm. This policy was set up due to a small minority wanting to stay beyond 7pm and not wanting to pay the higher price. The times and prices are stated clearly outside and within the restaurant on each table. May I also take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Wallsend, United Kingdom
“things they dont tell you”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

went today with wife and family+ daughter and four grandchildren for anniversary and was charged for five adult plus children the youngest was two years old I was told it was because he had a plate in front of him the oldest child is twelve years old