“Wonderful family experience!”

Nordsoen Oceanarium
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Hirtshals
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our daughter loves animals, and really enjoyed seeing the seals, the large aquarium of fish, and learning more about the North Sea. Plus the food was excellent!

1  Thank Madrigal720

Reviewed August 21, 2013

More than enough to see and both a 1 and 4 year old got plenty out of it. Didn't see overcrowded due to plenty of space. Good outdoor play area and large picnic area (covered outside area as well). Good seal display. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food in the cafe, and reasonably priced.

All in all a good 4-5 hours for the family and good value for the entrance fee.

2  Thank Smithjc3440
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went to this acquarium with our kids and friends, and we all really enjoyed it! What we particularly liked was the big pool in the main room, which is really stunning. The kids also liked the seals, when they were fed. It is really worth it, don't miss it!

1  Thank cristina393
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my younger siblings (ages 7, 5, and 4) and they had a great time! And I have to admit I did as well =)
Although I do think a lot of the things to do there are better suited for older children, there were many things to do for the little ones as well. We ate in the seafood restaurant, where the food tasted fresh and delicious, however there could have been more of it.
All in all definatley worth the trip!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My previous experience of aquariums has been in London and Stockholm so I was interested to see how something focussing on the North Sea would compare. It was actually far more interesting than I was expecting with every display and video subtitled in English. In addition to the usual feed the seals type of thing there was an opportunity to see the fish fed in the massive central tank. Whilst the commentary was in Danish they made it clear that they'd be happy to answer questions in English as well. Whilst I knew that there were sharks and sea horses in the North Sea I never appreciated the variety before visiting. The massive sunfish was a new one to me and we kept going back to watch it throughout our visit. My five year old was well entertained for over two hours which is never an easy task. There were a number of interactive things such as pretending to be on the bridge of a boat. We had a reasonable smoked fish lunch in the outdoor and somewhat windy eating area (which was next to a very good playground). there was a slo an indoor cafe. The only downside was the price of admission which did seem a bit steep.