“Exceptional”

Gastrobar Las Perlas
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gastrobar Las Perlas offers a variety of signature dishes Our palette of dishes ranges from classic Spanish cuisine to more exotic dishes featuring kangaroo and ostrich. Definitely worth a visit if you are looking for an unique evening with something out of the ordinary cooking experience accompanied with some of the best wines.
Reviewed April 23, 2016

The bland Andalucían kitchen is quickly forgotten when one has tasted the refined and visually attractive meals this kitchen crew prepares.
The 4 of us took the 2 different menus and asked the sommelier to advise us on the accompanying wines. The lady-sommelier knows what she is talking about and explains why she chose a particular wine to go with a particular dish. The Spanish-only wines were excellent we thought and 'rare', so the sommelier said. I took this as a challenge and checked online: I uploaded a picture of one of the white wines to winescanner app Vivino, but it couldn't automatically match the wine, which proved her point. Anyway, with each course came a different wine and we ended with a sweet wine, close to a porto, again from a Spanish vineyard. I could have kept that wine in my mouth for ages, just savoring the sweet and slight tangy effect.
As to the food: delicious! My salad of the 3-course menu was nothing special, I must admit, but the peas-leek gazpacho as amuse-gueule, the main course turkey with gorgonzola and the breathtaking dessert of home-made icecream with carrot sponge was exceptionally balanced in tastes. Just thinking about it makes my mouth go all watery.
Though as Belgians we are accustomed to good food and thus can be quite harsh food critics, this table of 4 admitted to not having eaten better in a restaurant of this price range in Andalucía.
Expect to be surprised by the moderate bill as well. To sweeten this experience even more we were offered a homemade pure chocolate praline as token of gratitude instead of the traditional chipito.

To sum things up, if you are in the region of Málaga, make time to drive to Torre del Mar and eat at Las Perlas. I know I'll be a returning customer.

Date of visit: April 2016
4  Thank Oerso

Reviewed April 13, 2016

My husband and I ate here last week and the food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. I had the Buey Entrecot which came with a very tasty sauce and vegetables. This charming restaurant is not expensive for the quality of the food presented; the wines were also very reasonably priced. Having lived in Spain for l7 years, I can honestly say that this was the best meal I have ever eaten here in a restaurant! We would thoroughly recommend this and that's not something you can say with regular frequency in Andalucia. The service was also unbeatable. In a word, excellent.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank lolimin
Reviewed March 11, 2016

First visit March 2016 lucky to get table, very popular. Excellent food, first class service. Will definately return and recommend. A little Gem!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed February 12, 2016

I visited this restaurant in October 2015 for a wedding and it was really lovely. I was in Torre del mar again this week and 4 of us went to the restaurant in the evening. We were not disappointed. We all ate from the menu del dia, had 2 bottles of wine and coffee and liquors and it did not break the bank. Compared to other restaurants in the area who are not nearly as good this is a top class restaurant in Torre del Mar. I would highly recommend a visit.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank Jean S
Reviewed January 28, 2016

I probably visited Las Perlas 25 or more times over the last 3 years. Always had a great meal even though I have seen mayor improvement over time. Ekaterina and her chef also prepare beautiful menus with a wine pairing which me and my family have enjoyed quit a few times. In the mean time I have become vegan and they accommodate that excellently. 5 stars for everything. We will keep coming back. Actually this coming Saturday once again!!

Date of visit: January 2016