“fresh, fresh, fresh and vegetables f.c.o.l!”
Review of Bhua Luang

Bhua Luang
Ranked #107 of 179 Restaurants in Torre del Mar
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Sayalonga, Spain
“fresh, fresh, fresh and vegetables f.c.o.l!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

One of the finest cuisines in the world is the Thai kitchen, in my humble opinion that is. and the fact that we have such a fine restaurant in our midst here in Torre del Mar is a great and delightful pleasure. In most Spanish restaurants you get the same story every day: fried fish in some variations and ham and sausage, NO vegetables, except maybe some salad which lost it's way in a horrifying pink sauce..... So I am really more than happy with the Thai restaurant of Noi and Chris, called Bhua Luang. All fresh ingredients cooked and wokked on the very moment, very well tasting and spicy ( if you want! and I do!!!), a delightful choice of plates, this is a restaurant as I like it. Maybe one day I hope they can afford some new seats, but you can still find me there at least once a week! Come and see and treat yourself with real excellent fresh and tasteful cooking!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank handsondrums

Malaga, Spain
“Still as excellent as ever - amazing flavours.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went at weekend with friends and although very busy, we were not disappointed. We had a variety of dishes as there was 7 of us. I had the hot Thai salad to start with, fabulous but not for the faint hearted as it was hot hot, but very tasty. My friend and I had stuffed squid Thai style with boiled rice, and are so glad we tried it as it was different, the herbs etc it was filled with had excellent flavours and aromas. The duck on the 'special board' my husband tried and said it was delicious. All in all we were all 'happy bunnies' full of wonderful Thai food and good wine. Thanks for a lovely evening Chris and Noi. We will be back.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank 450kate
Sayalonga, Andalucia, Spain
“I love it!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Bhua Luang is a very very good Thai restaurant where you can eat good authentic, and always fresh Thai food for a good price. I've been there many, many times, and it is always good. I recommend it highly! Try it and you won't be disappointed.... Mies Wilbrink

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mies W
Spain
“Authentic Thai food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I found this restaurant about 3 years ago and have used it regularly ever since, we have have been to Thailand on holiday and find the food here very authentic. Nothing is too much trouble for Chris and Noi to alter any dish to your particular taste as far as the amount of spice used and the extensive menu has plenty of choice. I notice that one reviewer who gives it 3 stars said that it was expensive at 20 Euros a head in Torre del Mar, compared to a Spanish restaurant, I think he may struggle to find a cheaper restaurant, Torre is a coastal resort and as such the prices reflect that. The food is all freshly prepared and the friendly atmosphere beats and other establishment hands down.
Our last visit there was last night and we were not disappointed in any way

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank John M
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Always delightful”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have been coming this restaurant in Torre Del Mar for several years now and are always delighted.
Having been to Thailand many times we can heartily recommend the Bhua Luang as amoungst the most authentic Thai restaurants you'll find anywhere! This is family run with a warm welcome and has that extra heart and soul put into both the cooking and service.
The menu is extensive with a very broad range of tastes and spice levels from completely mild to very hot indeed, always bursting with flavour. The dishes are generous in size and overall represent good value. Spanish and English are spoken and I've heard French and German being used as well.
Do not confuse this with the other Thai restaurant in the same town (also reviewed).
The standard set here is very high and we always recommend it to friends.

• Visited June 2013