“family of 3 July visit”

Aquavelis Water Park
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I would rate this facility as average compared to other water parks we've visited in other holiday resorts.There are slides at both ends of the site and a wave pool and a lot of space dedicated to sun beds for which you pay to hire.

1  Thank MahersTipperary
There are newer reviews for Aquavelis Water Park

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This park re-opened on Fri 8th June 2012 and there was no longer a charge for the carpark.

We have just returned from 2 weeks in Nerja and visited Aquavelis on the day we were leaving as we had an early evening flight and it was on the way to the airport too. We also visited the more polished Aquamijas in Fuengirola during our first week.

We would recommend both parks. Aquavelis appears to be the older one, but our family enjoyed them both. We have 2 children, one of 4 years old and a daughter aged 15 months. Eventhough our eldest wasn't allowed on the tamer looking big slides, height restriction was a strict 1.10m, at Aquamijas he had been allowed on one big slide with me. There were some kiddie versions of the big slides in the kid's pool and he enjoyed himself in there. Both enjoyed the wave pool.

There is a good sized Mercadona supermarket right next to the park, this is also the same at Aquamijas, and picnics weren't discouraged at either. Aquavelis had large changing rooms and shower areas, should you need them and also lockers where we were able to store our plane bags.

We went on a Saturday and it was full of local families, which gave it a really nice atmosphere. The queues got bigger after lunch, but nothing too major and never much of a queue for the kamikaze.

We had a thoroughly good day out, my only gripe with both water parks was that I'd rather they'd charge the child's price based on height rather than age as my son was too small for all the main slides.

5  Thank NicP1978
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Not the best park I've ever been to but it does the job and is the only one that's really in the area. The crazy thing is that it's only open from the end of June till August. I've been to Albuferia, Majorca, Ibiza and west of Malaga plenty of times in May/June and September and the water parks are open.
If you have the option, head to the water park in Almunecar.

3  Thank scottishlobos
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We (My wife, myself and my 9 year old son) have visited Aquavelis a few times now and have always enjoyed it.
The cost is just over 20 Euros for adults and 12 for kids.
Although it's popular, the queues are reasonable. The more popular rides take 10 - 15 minute to get on but the Kamakazi less than 3 minutes.
The food and drink are a fair price but I would still suggest you take your own.
The lockers are 6 Euros (you get 3 back) and parking is 1 Euro. (you can park nearby for free if you want).
The park is well looked after and looks clean (it's only 4 or 5 years old)
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that there could be a few more rides ( a minor beef to be honest) and the height restrictions are a pain (bigger beef)
If you have a daring 6 or 7 year old who wants to go on the bigger rides he / she may not get on some of them due to the height restrictions (the staff are VERY tight on this).
My son is 9 now (1.45m) and the kamakarzi is the old one that he can't go on but 2 years ago there were 3 he wasn't allowed on which only left 3 others which annoyed him no end!!!
What makes the restrictions more annoying is that Aqualand at Torremolinos has slighly bigger rides and you only have to be 1.20 meters to go on them all (so it can't be a Spanish Law issue) However don't go to Aqualand there as you will go mad queuing!!
All in all though, recommended

3  Thank BigMickTynemouth
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Having read the reviews on trip adviser about the water parks on the costas I was very wary about attending any of them. They sounded incredibly expensive with long queues and additional extras piling up the cost. However we were on holiday with 3 children including a 10 year old who had the choice of a birthday treat. He wanted to go to a water park so we opted for this one out of the 3 within driving distance of our base in Alora. It was expensive to get in. Adults 20.5 euros and kids over 4 15 euros. Sunbeds were 3 euros each (but we paid 5 on the beach at Churriana). The place was busy but it could handle it. There were small queues for the majority of the rides but the staff kept them moving and the only one that took around 10 minutes was the lazy river. Everything else ran very quickly. The lifeguards were vigilant and friendly when enforcing the rules. The place was well set out and did not feel over crowded. It was very clean including the toilets. We ate in one of the snack bars. It was priced as you may expect at this sort of attraction. My 4 year old loved the pasta box and the chicken and chips (8.5euro) was very tasty and huge. We were there for 6 hours and had a brilliant day. It was a bit pricey but we enjoyed every minute of it.

4  Thank paulymac01