“Arrange to see the villas at the back and the 50s cafe.”

Crown Regency Suites Mactan
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Mactan Island
Bacolod, Philippines
“Arrange to see the villas at the back and the 50s cafe.”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had a chance to have a seminar at this hotel. Food was average but the best part was the pre-arranged tour of the villas located at the back of the hotel. The villas are designed for long term stay with high-end guests in mind so the facilities are first class. I think most of the expats who stay here are executives working in the nearby export processing zones.

Would love to stay in the villas but the prices are quite expensive.

Visit also the 50's themed cafe in one of the upper floors. You can see the old Coke logo and some cars and gas pumps circa l950's. I was told that the other Crown Regency hotels in Cebu also had the same 50's themed cafe,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel is a little dated but clean. The customer service is poor compared to other hotels I stayed in during my visit to Cebu, it was hard work getting staff to acknowledge you were there at times, a good morning and are you enjoying your staff would not go a miss now and then, the door staff very really opened the door for you and you had to ask them to get you a taxi, it seemed like it was to much trouble for them but they did do it. The 50's bar is quite good and has entertainment on most nights but isn't advertised that I could see, the staff in the bar spend too much time flirting with western guys sat on the bar stools and watching TV, they seem to forget about the guests sat at the tables, every time I wanted some service I had to get their attention and at times it felt I was interfering with their flirting and TV shows, removing the bar stools would help. I could not fault the house keeping they cleaned the rooms and changed the beds daily and did so to a good standard. I have read people complain of the views from their rooms, yes it's not that good but remember where you are.
Apart from the moans above that a decent manager could sort out in next to no time I enjoyed my stay and possible would book there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The room is nice and big but needs some refurbishing. The night before my departure i arranged for an airport shuttle at a specific time which was confirmed. A few minutes before my check out i called concierge to confirm my shuttle transfer but I was told that I am not allowed to join the shuttle since there will be a VIP boarding the shuttle at that same time and only part of the VIP's entourage will be allowed. I was very disappointed and told the concierge that I will not accept such reason and i don't care whoever is boarding that shuttle because I am a guest too. They called after a few minutes and told me that if I will go down right away they will take me to the airport. So i checked out, I have with me a sling traveling bag which was bit heavy, when I came down at the lobby the bellmen just looked at me but never offered to help me with my bag. They told me to just proceed to the shuttle which was parked at the entrance, i proceeded to the shuttle, but nobody was there, so i stood and waited for somebody to assist me. The doorman/security guard noticed me and inquired if I am taking the shuttle and i answered yes, it was him who called concierge to open the van and switch on the air con because I was standing in the heat. The housekeeping was quite efficient in assisting me with my requests though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mactan Island hotels

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Located just 10 minuted from the airport and is quite nice with excellent service.
Property has restaurant, bars, coffee and a minimart for small stuff.

It was a pain to get a taxi in the morning, it took 40 minutes.
Beds were extremely nice, I could sleep like a baby.
Upon checking in at 6PM there was someones plate and glass on the 5th floor hallway, when going to the breakfast on the next morning it was still there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a timeshare trade for us - not worth it at all. The place was old, tired and nowhere close to the beach as advertised. In addition it is an industrial type neighborhood with no food or stores nearby. The only good thing about the place was the staff. They met us at the airport without our asking at 4:00AM and were friendly and helpful. Too bad they have to work at this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marilu B
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed August 31, 2013

What I particularly liked about this hotel is the kitchen inside the room which is really good for families. Though our room was huge, but then it was dark. Looks like that the hotel is old. There's no wifi except for LAN. Since the hotel is very near the airport, it could pass for a reasonable commendation. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights, but then we cut it short to just one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed August 21, 2013

As I am Muslim, and locating halal cuisine in Cebu City is very difficult, I tend to stay in hotels where the rooms provide kitchen facilities. The staff were very accommodating in providing us with the dishware and utensils. The room was quite huge, with a huge sofa and table in the receiving area. Also has a small dining table with two chairs. Internet connection was fantastic. Stayed for 3 nights.

Room Tip: There are rooms with two queen size beds and those with one queen size bed. The ones with two beds d...