Crown Regency Suites Mactan
  • Pool
Hotel Cesario(Lapu Lapu)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewscomplete kitchena small dining tablefree shuttlehotel buildingworking finelonger staystayed here for one nightcomfortable staybreakfast buffet isayala mallkitchenetteairportpesoscoz
Reviewed August 31, 2013

What I particularly liked about this hotel is the kitchen inside the room which is really good for families. Though our room was huge, but then it was dark. Looks like that the hotel is old. There's no wifi except for LAN. Since the hotel is very near the airport, it could pass for a reasonable commendation. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights, but then we cut it short to just one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

As I am Muslim, and locating halal cuisine in Cebu City is very difficult, I tend to stay in hotels where the rooms provide kitchen facilities. The staff were very accommodating in providing us with the dishware and utensils. The room was quite huge, with a huge sofa and table in the receiving area. Also has a small dining table with two chairs. Internet connection was fantastic. Stayed for 3 nights.

Room Tip: There are rooms with two queen size beds and those with one queen size bed. The ones with two beds do not have a sofa and table set.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked for a two-night stay via CashCash Pinoy w/c says we would be saving 58% for our stay in a Suite for 4. Unfortunately, even after making our reservations w/ their tie-up marketing arm Jerry Crown, as early as 10days before, and about 2-3 follow-ups, before our travel date, the front desk clerk was still at a loss when we arrived. Our names were not anywhere in their system. Much worse, we were billeted in a Single-Room Suite for 2, as reflected in our Welcome Drinks stub, the toiletries , towels, beds and bottled water provided w/ the room. We were even being asked at first to make a deposit for our stay even after showing the clerk our vouchers already paid 10 days ago. The clerk was even more surprised that our voucher specifically mentioned "Suite for 4". After so much arguing and making firm on our stand , they were convinced to add beds and all amenities for all 4 of us. However, we still feel short-changed since the price we paid for the room provided to us is definitely not 58% off their published rates as mentioned in their ads. We booked for an extension of another night via Agoda and became more convinced that our third night , Two-Bedroom Suite accomodation surely must have corresponded to the On-line purchase we earlier availed of.

Other than being cramped in a room for two during our first 2 nights, sleeping soundly was also impossible since a videoke bar was right beside the hotel w/ singer-wannabes belting their lungs out for two successive nights. The third night was much better, when we were transferred to the Two-Bedroom Suite w/c I suppose had better sound-proofed walls.

If there's anything I would commend for this hotel , it's the airport transfer service they provided. Beds and linens were one of the finest too. Rooms, though old, were kept clean daily. But alas, WIFI is only available in the Lobby area, since even the suite rooms were only 1-user LAN equipped.

Quite surprising and a little weird, even after 3 days we already checked-out , the reservation clerk informed me, we still didn't have our reservations in their system.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here because our flights were unexpectedly cancelled and our airline kindly paid for us to stay here for one night. It is not somewhere that I would have chosen, but there are some positive things to mention. The rooms are a decent size although our non-smoking room was very smoky. Each room has a kitchen area which would be handy during a longer stay. The buffet breakfast was ordinary but the service was commendable. This is a 3 star hotel that deserves a 3 star rating. It is old, run-down, reasonably clean and in terrible surrounds. I could not imagine staying here for more than one night. A positive is that it is very near the international airport and the staff went out of their way to ensure we there on time for our flights. I am sure it is inexpensive and you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked this at the last minute, and I was very happy when I arrived & saw the hotel. The hotel is well cared for & the rooms were large. I stayed for 3 days, and the only complaint that I would have is 1 girl at the reception desk. She had a bad attitude, but managed to overlook it. The rest of the staff were outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple