Crown Regency Suites Mactan
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Mactan Island
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked this at the last minute, and I was very happy when I arrived & saw the hotel. The hotel is well cared for & the rooms were large. I stayed for 3 days, and the only complaint that I would have is 1 girl at the reception desk. She had a bad attitude, but managed to overlook it. The rest of the staff were outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2013

A good place to stay in if you're traveling with your family. The suite was really nice and it's well maintained. I used asiatravel.net for the booking.They allowed us to check in 2 hours earlier. I'm satisfied with their service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank goddessofdawn
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay but found the hotel was in need of paint in certain areas, the trips out were not as well planned as we are used to in other resorts. The spa was a Korean summer school, so not a lot of use to us.We spent our 2nd week going to other hotels for the day, the menu in the Hotel was not as varied as we would have liked. The staff were fine and very attentive, helpfull and polite.It was a friendly hotel and more inviting than the one in Cebu,which was very vast and impersonal, both the Fiftes bars were very good. Jane Sweetman

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking a waste piece of land with stinking water and all sorts living in it, but...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I spent an overnight stay here with my family for Mother's Day. We booked a 3-room villa for us, bunch, and it was pretty worth it on what we paid for. A villa is around $260 a night, and it accommodated us, 7 adults and 3 children, (plus 3 caretakers). The whole villa was air-conditioned, equipped with a living room area, kitchen, dining area and a powder room at the bottom of the stairway. On the second floor was the master bedroom with a bathroom of its own inside, 2 standard rooms and a public bathroom outside. There is also a parking area that can fit 2 mid-sized cars.

What I liked about the villa, was the fact that we stayed in a place like home that was equipped with services of a hotel.

The villa is equipped with a kitchen stove, oven, refrigerator, electric air pot, coffee maker, and water dispenser. The amenities, though, were quite old and unmaintained (i.e., appliances and bathroom racks were rusty, window panes were dysfunctional, etc.), so we had to bring our own appliances and some utensils to use. You can, however, request for utensils for usage. If you want to use their stove/grill, they charge for the gas tank and grill.

The bedrooms and bathrooms were pretty decent. The master bedroom an extended veranda overlooking the neighboring area, it's a pretty nice thing to get out of the house and enjoy the breeze over a cup of coffee.

Overall, the price is about right for us, lot, who stayed. It was fun and we definitely plan to stay again in the future!

Room Tip: If you plan to take a little dip in the pool while deciding to stay in one of their villas, choose V...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank karissayu
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Crown Regency Suites. It is clean and service was good. It had a good air conditioner and a very clean bed. It had a nice kitchen, but there were no cooking utensils in the kitchen. I am sure. They would have provided. If I requested them. There was a refrigerator and rice cooker and hot water kettle in the kitchen. The refrigerator was very useful. There is a small store next door. So we stocked the refrigerator with cold drinks and snacks. We did not cook any food in the room. The view from my room would have been okay, but there is a vacant lot next door full of trash.

There is a door between suites. That is not very sound proof. I could hear the guy next door snoring. I thought the halls were dimly light. I had bad luck with the plastic cards for keys. They do have free van service to the airport. Which is good.

We used room service for breakfast. Breakfast was usually okay. When in the Philippines I always order scrambled eggs or omelets. Because I have yet to see a egg fried right there. Unfortunately scrambled eggs were not even good here. My scrambled eggs were runny and watery. Unable to eat them. They were just not cooked.

I am also unhappy. Because the hotel rents out the swimming pool for private parties. I rented this hotel suite because it included a pool. The one day I was able to use the pool due to my busy schedule. I was unable. Because they rented it out for a private party most of the day and into the evening. Not very fair to paying customers.

Although I was fairly happy with the room. I only saw 1 bug but it was a big one in the comfort room. I was very unhappy with the restaurant. The waiters were very good and tried to do a professional job, but the cooks are poor and very slow. You might be okay. If you only eat Filipino food. Every thing else they do is a very poor job and they are very slow. Also their computer was not working in the restaurant. So I had to pay cash for all meals and could not charge to my room.

Where I really criticize this restaurant. Is that I ordered a burger. I am 60 years old and have eaten thousands of burgers in my life. This burger was easily the worse. I ever tasted in my life. I took one bite and threw the rest away. The meat tasted rotten. There is no excuse for this. Although I liked the room and the service. I doubt if I would return, because of such bad food and the inability to use the swimming pool.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TwilightDancer
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon last year, sorry for the delayed review, but what a disappointment. I will start with the pros, there are a few:

- pubic areas are fairly clean and up to date, lobby is welcoming and spacious
- in-room WiFi, kitchenettes, full bathrooms, LCD t.v., microwave, full size fridge, balcony, sofa
- average sized buffet with fresh local and international food, plus an omlette station
- quick check-out (I will address the check-in below)
- cool rooftop '50's theme bar with indoor/outdoor seating (like a big balcony) and live band inside

Now the cons, we had reservations and management knew of our flight arrival time and the reason (honeymoon) for our arrival. Check-in is 2pm and our flight arrived on time at 4:30pm... plenty of time to prepare, but our free shuttle was nowhere to be found. After waiting 15 minutes a liason shouted our names and upon reply we were asked to come into the air conditioned airport lounge to wait for the shuttle. The hotel is 15 minutes from the airport, but had to wait 60 minutes for our shuttle. Upon arrival at the hotel (approx. 6pm) our room was not ready! We were told to wait at the coffee house outside... AT COST! No complementry drinks or snacks or anything. Finally at 7:15 (over 5 hours past check-in time) we were able to get our key and go up to our room... the bell boy was hinting about a tip, but I gave nothing.

Granted, a honeymoon is not really about kitchen cooking, but my bride was more than eager to cook me dinner in our room. To our surprize, the room does not come equipped with pots, pans, plates, cutlery, cups, glasses or even propane for the gas stove. It is upon request based on availability. In other words, go buy your own kitchen tools, equipment, propane and place settings if you want to prepare meals in your kitchen... Also:

- the flooring was so dirty, it made our socks black... housekeeping mops the floor daily with used water and no soap... I witnessed this because they cleaned the room with us present
- there were not enough customers during lunch, so they closed the restaurant to us
- decided to go swimming, but the pool was green and murky... looked like they used the pool to do laundry
- front desk staff were unorganized, unprofessional, uncaring, unappologetic and unaware that anything was wrong... perhaps they were student trainees or something
- we decided to cut our 5 night stay short at 3 nights due to poor standards, but because we notified them at 3pm the final day, they told us "23 hours does not comply with the required 24 hour cancellation policy" and had to pay the extra night

Sorry for the long post, but it needed to be said. This hotel has the potential to be a 5 star, but the stupidity of management, unsanitary conditions and lack of guest respect earned it 2 stars only. I will never return to this hotel, and only suggest it as a one night stand if you need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

ample rooms, ample ammenities, the best breakfast buffet EVER! Money changer in parking lot, great food there or next to money changer. Close to everything. Taxis readily available, never paid more than 200php for rides to ayala, sm mall or robinson. Awesome staff and very friendly. No safe in room but much safer in lock deposit boxes at front desk. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013