“Convenient, near the Airport”

Crown Regency Suites Mactan
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Mactan Island
Reviewed June 21, 2012

we intentionally booked in this hotel because its near the airport, as our trip is 5 am.going to Manila.The hotel is nice, Big room with kitchenette, Aircon is working well.very cold.There's a veranda overlooking the city.very nice view.The downside tho: a little noisy during wee hour because its near karaoke bar.The hotel has a cute swimming pool at the back and a Fifties Bar at the 3rd floor which opens at 6 Pm.The singer during our stay was Lovemix band.really good singer.singing old 50 & 60's songs. for us.as we are the only guest that night.Unforgettable evening really.The shuttle to the airpor is not free. we paid P300.00 for the transfer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Positive:
1. The hotel is very near to Mactan Airport. 10-15 minutes and you'll be there.
2. Hotel employee's are very accommodating.
3. Breakfast buffet are excellent but the lunch are quite expensive.
4. Very clean. have complete kitchen wares including gas range and ref. So if you're planning to take a long vacation and you want to cook (especially for the family) this is the excellent place.
5. Price a very competitive.

Negative:
1. Hotel have a bar in lower floor. So if you will stay here, get the higher floor.
2. They gave us adjoining room to other room that's why we heard the people to other room. I hope the other rooms are not like our room before.
3. If you want to take a photo of city at night, this is not the best place.
4. This hotel is far from city center. You need to take a cab or jeepney (two rides) before you reach the Malls like SM Cebu.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We checked in early as our flight was really early.The hotel charged us 1000 peso but was checked in and in bed for 7am, well worth the money. We then stayed another 2 nights, we really enjoyed our stay, the breakfast was lovely, the staff were great we had our own band singing for us in the bar. It was easy to get a taxi to the shopping centre for our evening meal. We booked another night for on the way home. Would stay here again, the room was spacious.

Room Tip: Try for a pool view it is a lovely pool.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackev
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. The pool was nice and clean, breakfast was good and variety to choose from. The rooms were very clean no bugs. The hotel wasnt close to anything really but taking the taxi was safe. We were staying in a suite and booked it online which was much cheaper. We paid about $113 breakfast included for two bedroom suite per day only. Transfers to the hotel and airport were free. Book your day tours outside the hotel, it is much cheaper. They have a 24 hour store in the hotel and wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank natt j
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Very disappointed with the service. Asked if the poolside dining was available at lunchtime (no one else was out there) and placed an order. Waited an hour without ever seeing staff again - no water, napkin and silverware - nothing. I was sure they forgot about me and went in the hotel to ask whichever employee I could find. Minutes later someone (not the waiter) brought my burger to me. Waited another 20 minutes after I ate and no one came again. Went looking for someone to get the bill and couldn't find a soul around. I left the dishes and planned on getting a bill at the front desk. Lo and behold - two employees came looking for me (I was one of only a few Americans there so I wasn't hard to describe or find).

Tried to convert a $20 U.S. bill to pesos to pay the departure tax at the airport, but was told they didn't have any money available. I tried again four hours later and was told the same thing. How can they offer currency conversion and not have the equivalent of $20 in pesos to convert??

Received a 'free welcome drink' in the lounge, which I expected to be a glass of wine/beer or a cocktail. Instead they brought me a glass of lime green kool-aid looking fluid and was told the welcome drink was a mixture of sprite and lemon and lime juice. It was a horrible tasting mixture and I couldn't even get it down. (The food in the lounge was very good.)

I was also told a complimentary breakfast was available when I booked the room, but at the hotel they told me it wasn't included. I was leaving for the airport at 5 AM and breakfast didn't open until 6 AM, so I didn't pursue it.

My room was very nice, as long as I didn't want to look out the window. The surrounding area of the hotel was very run down and I didn't feel particularly safe there. The view from my room looked out over the back of the nearby shops - a field with a few goats, scrubgrass, and a pile of trash. The website states there's an indoor pool, and when I asked I was told it was on the second floor. I scoured the hotel and never could find it so it can't be very big.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Charpfox1
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We were about to stay here for 4 days but when we checked in I heared the guest complaining about the air conditioning oh know this is not good because I have 3 kids with me but I can't do anything because I booked online and they said its guaranteed I have to pay whether I stayed here or not which is a very bad thing so go ahead to our 3 bedroom suite oh no the bed are so high even adult have to climb up and the floor is tiles then at 12 midnight we woke up sweating because the airconditioning just shut off eveybody's cranky so we decided to checked out also the swimming pool is dirty lots of cigarettes floating around and the lift close so quick. This place needs renovation and proper maintenance. It's very bad management too you should only pay the nights you stayed not the full days that you booked because it's not my fault why decided to moved out. The staff is not helpful at all. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this property. The suite was very comfortable. The staff were reasonably friendly. The pool area was nice enough and my family had fun there. The food was fair also. We attempted to use their tennis courts which were poorly set up and cost an unbelievable amount to play - not much fun really. The hotel is poorly located from the perspective of leisure travel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family