We booked two rooms for family of 5 on May 22-25. Upon check-in, the front desk asked a hardcopy of my reservation (I showed them the screenshot from my tablet) however they insisted on forwarding them the email of my reservation before letting me go to our rooms. I used the computer at the lobby to do this, no big deal but very inconvenient when you are super tired. I booked a "deluxe pool side" room and requested for connecting room or at least side by side.
We got room 230 and 232- the farthest room from the swimming pool. Not a glimpse of the swimming pool at all! We also did not get the connecting room. 230 is connected to 231 by a door but it is occupied. The occupant was on the phone between 10-12 midnight and I can hear the conversation throughout the phone call. The following morning before leaving for the day tour- I spoke to the front desk and asked if 231 checks out to give us that room. The front desk replied, " that room is occupied by the night manager." Really!? They could have given me that room in the first place and let the night manager find another room. She then further told me that they will try to talk about it and see what they can do.
Upon returning later that afternoon, and asking for the room. The front desk told me that it is already occupied by another guest. Again really?!! I told the front desk that I specifically asked for that room prior to leaving that morning and I know that the manger stayed there the previous night. She spoke to a lady standing nearby ( I guess the manager) and immediately told me that there is another connecting room that is available only it is on the first floor . Room 130 and 131 (just directly below where we were staying). So we moved.
Beach is enclosed and too shallow for a swim during low tide. Looks like it is the only property that has enclosed beach. I feel so trapped and could not see the real beauty of the beach. It also traps the weed and makes the water dirty.
Daytrippers--ahhh this is another story!! There was a corporate event on all the three days that we were there. About 40 people on the first day, not bad!. 300 on the seconds day, and 140 on the third day. With all the loud music, party, games etc. literally infront of our room-HOW can you relax? Mind you they are not confined in the ballroom or hall- they are literally having the party in the middle of the property utilizing the beach, swimming pool and other facilities.
Restaurant - food were awesome! except for the price. Because this place is away from the tourist spot or city. You really have no choice but bite the bullet. The taxi fare if you choose to eat out will probably offset the super high prices of the food.
Rooms -" deluxe rooms pool side " super small and dark. (our room has no view of the swimming pool but closer to the beach , and still can't see the beach because another building is blocking the rooms.)
Location- too far from the city but closer to the airport.
Overall, average stay for an above average price! Just hate that you pay so much and share the "privacy" with 300 other people for corporate events.
Please do not lecture me (if responding) about Filipinos love to "fiesta", family oriented, likes to party and celebrate. I know all about it! I would love to party but my choice of hotels when I'm on my vacation includes relaxation and use of amenities that I paid for.
I forgot to mention that the hotel next to it was also having the same corporate event and also was loud. Instead of staying and enjoying the place we opted to hire a boat and did some snorkeling just to get away.
On the positive side- the grounds are well kept and clean! I would come back only if there are no corporate events.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island