We stayed in a deluxe room for 2 nights. Decently sized, it has a queen size bed and a single bed which is good for 3 people. The downside is the furnishing is very old, the toilet seat was broken, water pressure was low and the water heater was not even hot. Amenities provided in the rooms were very basic. No internet connection was available in the room.
The hotel is located in the middle of no where. There was no where we could walk to and the access road to the hotel was very bad. Guests had to wait at least 1 hour for the hotel to get you a taxi. Grand graciano mall is 4 km away where you could do get some food.
The private beach at the hotel filled with mangroves where you couldn't even swim there. It certainly does not look like what it was in the photos. There were not even enough chairs at the beach area for guests to enjoy the sun.
However the food at the restaurant and the spa made up for it. Enjoyed the food served there and good thing that the restaurant is open 24 hours. The spa service was very good and reasonably priced.
The hotel should consider upgrading their facilities (include a gym perhaps?) since guests are expected to spend a lot of time in the hotel due to its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island