“Nice hotel close to the airport”

Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Mactan Island
Gran Canaria, Spain
“Nice hotel close to the airport”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night in this hotel on our way to palawan. The hotel is a 4 star hotel for sure. We had a deal with booking for 70€ with breakfast included, two adults, one 7 years old child and a 11 months baby. After being around Philippines, eating and drinking in a hotel like this is very expensive, but the other option is to take a taxi to the main street or walk 1. 5km on a lonely road. A meal here can be around 2000php and outside we eat for 250, for the 2 adults and the kid.
There is a small private beach, nothing to fancy but is better than nothing.
The pools are not very big, but one has a slide for kids and adults, so they can have some fun. A lot of tourist from Korea and Japan and some Russians.
If you need to stablish an starting point before your trip around island is a good option and you can feel the security of the hotel. Also a good option before leaving Cebu by air.

• Stayed August 2013
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Alexandrox1000,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. We are glad that you and your family had fun swimming in our pool.

Our restaurants have dishes with price ranging from P180 - P720 + per serving good for 1-3 persons. A fairly decent meal may be arranged for you at less than P2,000. Nevertheless, nearby restaurants within 1.5 km. may be an alternative option.

Choices of transportation are easily available and we hope Bell Service was able to assist you on that.

A free one-way shopping trip to the big malls in the city also departs daily at 10 am. We hope you did not miss this option.

It was our pleasure to have you and we look forward to the next opportunity to be of service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
SINGAPORE
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just came back from this resorts yesterday,was staying there 28Jul till 30th Jul in Premier Deluxe room with my wifey..I myself is a Travel Agent and i might concern more about the services..My experience might abit longer..

The room for Premier Deluxe is beyond my imagination because i booked online and i only can imagine by the photos.The room is very suitable for honeymooners as all the decorations are in wooden inspired.Most important is the big King size bed.

The private beach is nice for its scenery,however there are some annoying sea activities staff (usually loitering around the beach fience wall), they would yelled at you try to sell you with their snorkelling,diving etc packages. I think the resort management should do something about this as it might feel annoyed to customer who wanted to have a peaceful sun bath..

All the staff in there are friendly,greet you with a smile all day long but there is one staff had the most credit amongst them,Grace..

Grace is the tour sales representative if im not wrong. She is so attentive when i need help in some of the packages,even in house keeping service..On that night i requested to have my laptop to get connected,she tried her best but still couldnt fix it. She promised will get it fix the next day morning. After my breakfast for the next day she did asked is my laptop get connected even im totally forgotten about the case.Thats is the service that everyone needed in a resort.

Overall, it is a great resort..My wife asked me to bring along our kids in future,no hesitate i promised her. i definitely will offer this resort to my client in the future

Room Tip: Premier Deluxe Room Family Suites
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LAI_WY
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Mr. NELSONDANZ,
Thank you for your great reviews.

We are pleased that you had a most enjoyable stay with us and that you love the set-up of our Premiere Deluxe room. We put much effort in ensuring that the décor and arrangement are just right to create a relaxing atmosphere for our guests. This is completed by the Costa King bed which is custom made to be bigger than standard king size beds to offer more comfort.

Our Team will be very happy to know that they have made your stay exceptionally good. We take pride in a teammate like Grace who genuinely cares for our guests. This is one of the reasons why we have remained in the industry for 32 years now.

We understand your sentiments about the vendors beyond our walls. We are in constant communication with the authorities and the community with regards to this concern. We have suggested that they carry signs so they do not have to shout and bother our guests. Rest assured that we will constantly monitor improvement in this aspect.

Again, thank you very much and we look forward to having you and your family again with us.

See you soon!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family of three spent 5 nights at the Costabella in October 2012, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The facilities are of high quality and the staff are friendly and polite. Rooms are big, and we slept on the biggest bed I've ever seen.

The two swimming pools allow for a separation between kids and couples, and the whole hotel is WiFied.

While the hotel food is relatively inexperience, there is little options for food outside of the complex, however. Also, the rooms face the pool, so when other guests make noises in the morning it wakes up the whole complex.

From the airport it is less than a 30 minute drive, making the getaway trouble free.

Room Tip: There are two levels of rooms, allowing you to control your costs, or upgrade for a bit more room an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Morry M
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Morry M,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Our Team will be most happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that you encountered due to the other guests who may have been a little loud while swimming in the pool near your room. We do endeavor to minimize this concern by opening that pool at 8:00 am and closing it at 8:00 pm.

We look forward to your next visit and I will make certain that our Guest Service Team provide you with more information on other dining options that are located about 15-20 minutes away by car from the resort.
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is on a secluded area of Mactan Island. The hotel amenities are acceptable enough but dont warrant the price. We found the food and beverage ok, but not worth the price charged. To go anywhere from the hotel you need to take transport, the hotel car is horridly overpriced and you are up for an argument with nearly every taxi driver because the hotel is so secluded. Having said all that, if you just want to chill out by the pool, its not a bad place to be

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool seem the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Mr. RossH667,
Thank you for taking the time to make a review. We appreciate that you enjoyed relaxing by our two swimming pools and found our food and beverages as well as amenities okay.

We are sorry though that you found our prices high. Our prices do include the mandatory 12% VAT, 3% local tax and 10% service charge. Many of our guests appreciate the private ambiance that we offer and we do consider guest who would like to visit Cebu City by offering a complimentary Shopping trip once a day to SM and Ayala Malls. We regret the inconvenience that the local taxi drivers put you through. We are in constant communication with the local tourism office in trying to find solutions to address this world wide concern regarding taxi drivers who take advantage of tourists.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Male
Reviewed June 18, 2013

everything was amazing in costabella (food, service, rooms), staff are very friendly, food is yumyum, clean and calm hotel, what a huge bed they have i loved it, sure that ill comeback, it s the ideal place especialy for families

Room Tip: the view from the Higher floor (7th) is amazing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Emassuoh,

Our Team is very happy to read your great review! Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at Costabella.

We all look forward to being of service to you and your family in the near future.
Lapulapu City, Cebu
Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was 3 years ago before my June 16 visit this year (2013) and I could definitely point out improvements.

First, many might not be so keen on "greetings" especially at the reception, but I don't know maybe it's just me... Greeting the guests is an absolute requirement for me especially if I bring my friends around to my locality, Cebu. And the moment I've stepped at the reception area (when I just look so ordinarily a local, in slippers, shirt and pedal shorts with small bag and no make-up) the smiling receptionist greeted me with sincerest smile - and that started my superb experience!

She then pointed me out to the restaurant area whom again, I have been treated with so much warmth by the woman at the counter who takes care of the Day Use specials... the resort is mine! mine! mine!!! Weeeeh!

The pool is superbly clean, and the beach shore is well-manicured.

I must also give great comments with the guards in long sleeved swimming tops in white-orange, as they are amazingly friendly. Why would I point that out? Sadly, we filipinos have this sad mentality of looking down to our locals, especially if you look poor OR IF YOU ARE WITH A FOREIGNER/CAUCASIAN, then you will be judged "thru your cover", and it's so sad coz I myself is a filipina. And in sadly again in some resorts, guards and concierge won't give you the same respect as they give to the foreigners, you will be treated with rudeness and won't even look at you in the eyes. But again, I was treated like a Queen by the guards and the lifeguards so politely asking my questions where the restrooms are, and if I could drag one sunlounger to somewhere shady, etc.

And one best thing too are the two superfriendly guys at the concierge last Sunday, June 16, who took care of my taxi ride when rain was pouring. One too, was the a bit older waiter at the restaurant (which you do not much see in other resorts that mature people are employed, where as we knew mature people are more pleasant and reliable than below 20's staff - especially those who are incharged with delicate positions like Restaurant Manager and Head Guard). So anyway, I went alone and my foreigner husband is not around and yup so amazed with the amazing service!

Day use with buffet lunch is a marvelous treat!

Kudos to Costabella!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Fritzie D
Dear Ms. Fritzie D.,

Thank you very much! The Costabella Team will be very happy to read about your experience at Costabella.

We strive in our commitment of providing our guests genuine and caring service and we take pleasure when our guests truly experiences our warm hospitality.

Thank you too for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback. We hope see you again soon and look forward to welcoming your husband.
Tokyo
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I can recommend Costabella as a nice little resort. I have no complaints. It is not a 5 star but I felt very comfortable.
I found the staff to be incredible; wonderful attitude, really friendly and helpful. Costabella excels at customer service.
The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The breakfast buffet was very nice, the food service was also very good at any time of the day. The bar is actually 24 hours. I really loved the frozen mojitos.
From the minute your arrive to the minute you leave I'm sure they will treat you like a special guest.
The massage spa was absolutely excellent.
I wish the pool was 24 hour swimming. It closes at 10 PM.
I also wish there were safes in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank SandBTokyo
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear SandBTokyo,

Thank you for your warm and wonderful feedback.

We pride ourselves with a Team committed to providing our guest genuine care.  Your compliments will certainly inspire them to continue the good that they are doing.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our frozen mojitos. We will be sure to inform Lema Filipino Spa of your compliments. We are sure that they will be happy to hear from you.

Our swimming pools are treated with chlorine every night after 10 pm, to keep it fresh and clean for our guests the following day.  A newly chlorinated pool is not advisable for swimming that is why we close it at 10 pm.

We provide Safety Deposit Boxes at the front desk free for use by our guest to ensure all items are secured.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you and your friends again soon.