this place is the most aweful resort ive ever been. i am a filipino who came to visit philippines from canada. i thought this place would give me the best impression of my whole 3 week vacation. anyways, i booked to stay in this hotel. they give us 1room with 1 double bed and 2 single beds. we were three people. they ask us to pay extra P1,700 for the third person since 1 room is only good for 2 people. i was like " then how come u have 3 beds in 1 room?" they were like because thats how our rooms are set up..i was already pretty pissed yet i just tried to forget about it. my other friend came and visited us in the resort. we went to the seashore and chatted, taking photos,videos and enjoying the sunset. 1 crew came and told us the 4th person cannot use their resort property unless she has to pay P700 for the resort fee which already includes dinner. that was rediculous. my friend was just sitting on the sand and they want her to pay P700 for using their property. so i was very pissed. i went to the desk and told them i want to leave the resort and take my deposit back. they give me my deposit but they didnt refund me my money which is worth $130 or about P5,000 because they said it is nonrefundable. they never even asked me why i want to leave the resort. no question asked on how to make my stay better.. on our way out of the resort, i was telling to the guard how aweful their service was and he said " oh! ma'am this is a resort for tourists, thst is why." I said, "im a tourist. i came from canada." he's like "oh ma'am i meant tourists that are not filipinos." i was totally speechless. we phoned a taxi and left.. bad bad resort. i shouldve paid extra mote money and stayed at plantation bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island