the room needs to improve its cleanliness. there were ants around the room, and I have to switch on my insect repellent to stop getting mosquitos bites.
Although there is an improvement, my room has working wifi connection, which is good.
as what one of the commenters has said, the breakfast has a lot of room for improvement. and what angered me was that the staff refused to help me refill my water bottles at the restaurant. the water is basically free, but they simply refused to help. the two bottles of complimentary mineral water are just not enough for consumption. we tried to boil the tap water in our room, but the water looks so milky with all the unknown residue that I know I can't drink. we have no choice but to buy water from outside, because I wun pay for the ridiculously priced mineral water in the room bar. I thought I only need to buy my own clean water if I stay in budget hotel, it is a shame that this happened in Costabella.
I m still staying here for another night before I depart mactan island. though most likely I wun return to this place again, I so hope I had chosen another resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island