My husband and I spent 2 nights and 2 days at Costabella Beach Resort and we loved every minute of it. We would have stayed longer but we can't. The place is perfect for people who just want to stay in a quiet place, away from the busy and noisy city since it is quite isolated and can only be conveniently reached by taxi.
The staff was very helpful in every way. Upon arriving at 2300 hrs. We were greeted with smiling staff members and were immediately taken to our room. We stayed in a deluxe room, the cheapest one there is but it was very nice. It can accommodate 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child. The only thing I do not like was that there were no complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste, good thing we decided to bring our own.
Breakfast is included and it was very nice. There was a buffet of a wide variety of food from salads, fruits, sausages, eggs cooked to your own liking and breakfast beverage from brewed coffee, native chocolate to different fruit juices. Not to mention the cereals and make your own noodles tables.
Towels were provided at the beach and pools so no need to bring your own. Th beach is quite small but very nice and secure. There is a nice view of surrounding islands. The pools are also nice and well maintained.
The only negative thing that I can say about Costabella is that there is no place for souvenir shopping nearby. The ones available downtown are quite expensive compared to the ones that can be bought at the main island. So I suggest to reserve a day to go to Cebu City for shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and getaroom.com so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island