“Affordable Luxury?”

Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Mactan Island
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed there last November 5-6, 2011. I would say that I enjoyed the place. It was a little bit expensive compared to other resorts but I must say that you will get your money's worth. The staff were very accommodating. They would always greet you and ask you how they can help.

It has two very nice swimming pools. The pools were average in size. Perhaps 10-15 people can swim in these pools without feeling to crowded. One of the pools has a small slide. I would recommend that you swim in the pool instead of the beach. I think the beach is not as pleasant as those in syquijor, boracay, bohol, CDO and even puerto galera.

The good thing about this resort is that you can borrow volleyballs and use the billiard pool for free. We end up playing for hours. This is a welcomed perk considering that everything else is really expensive.

The food, which is for single serving only, costs around 300-400/order. Really expensive. But, the free breakfast is buffet so if you were not able to eat dinner just eat a lot during breakfast.

The rooms were spacious. We stayed at a standard room which we paid 5,000/day. The bathroom was not so good because the water pressure is not that strong. In our room, the toilet had no exhaust fan. I would expect that it would have one considering that the accommodation is really pricey.

So my last say is... I would'nt discourage you to stay in costabella but I would'nt recommend it as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jaxsarita

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Nice place to spend time on a lazy day or on weekends. Not expensive at all. Food is average to okay.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have been quite surprised with quality of service and place of Costabella. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful from bellboy up to their manager. When something special is needed usually concierge can find solution, if concierge cannot help then for sure somebody on the front desk will. This hotel has private and relaxing atmosphere and very good restaurant with perfect cook, their spa has limited but very good performances of massages and other procedures. They also have free WiFi which is slow, but who's coming to Cebu for work - right? :) Taxi is accessible directly at the hotel and you always can ask bellboy to negotiate good price for you if you unsure. Upon my arrival they upgraded my room from Deluxe Pool Room to Sea View Suite for reasonable price. I wish to the management and to the guys only the best and will definitely stay there once again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Seaview Suite is highly recommended which are decorated in old Spanish-Colonial style.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RomanDi
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This place is PARADISE!...

Friendly and hospitable staff .....CHECK!
Panoramic and beautiful white sand beach .....CHECK!
A wide variety of delightful and delicious dishes..... CHECK!
A comfortable room with a magnificent view that has everything I need..... CHECK!
A pool area that looks so inviting....CHECK!
Had the best SPA experience with a reasonable price..... CHECK!

The list goes on and on :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nelene R
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were there in the morning and while waiting for our rooms, we had let our kids swim in the pool. The Mr. Yoyoy( sounds like yoyo,not sure) ask my father if we were guess of the hotel and my father said yes. After a couple of minutes, we see him again looking at us talking to his fellow workers and going straight to our table asking what room we where etc.. (investigating it seems).

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My sister's wedding reception was held in this resort. The food was really great and so as the place.

The general staff was very approachable and really provide us with good service. Rooms was also nice but kinda expensive.

The resort is a good place for occasions like wedding, birthdays and parties in general.

You should have your own transportation if you're local since the location is really far from the main road.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2011

There's nothing bad I can comment about in Costabella except for the room we got, only had a manual type aircon, but that's just it. Apart from that, we had a very good stay. The resort seemed to have been newly renovated and most rooms have been updated. Food is a plus, portions are huge and prices are very reasonable. You may want to try out the restaurant or room service, whichever you prefer. Staff are always attentive, I liked each and every single one I came across. Beach is extremely clean, just don't mind the vendors on the next door beach, ones trying to sell "special" rates for water sports and other activities - this is NOT in connection to Costabella, do NOT entertain them! If you wish for these activities, Costabella itself can arrange these for you so you won't be disappointed in what you get. I like that this resort isn't too noisy, its a wonderful place to relax and work on your tan. Do try out thier SPA services as well, the attendants are professionally trained, you really get what you pay for. I also like that security is quite high. I would definitely go back to this resort one of these days.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple