I stayed there last November 5-6, 2011. I would say that I enjoyed the place. It was a little bit expensive compared to other resorts but I must say that you will get your money's worth. The staff were very accommodating. They would always greet you and ask you how they can help.
It has two very nice swimming pools. The pools were average in size. Perhaps 10-15 people can swim in these pools without feeling to crowded. One of the pools has a small slide. I would recommend that you swim in the pool instead of the beach. I think the beach is not as pleasant as those in syquijor, boracay, bohol, CDO and even puerto galera.
The good thing about this resort is that you can borrow volleyballs and use the billiard pool for free. We end up playing for hours. This is a welcomed perk considering that everything else is really expensive.
The food, which is for single serving only, costs around 300-400/order. Really expensive. But, the free breakfast is buffet so if you were not able to eat dinner just eat a lot during breakfast.
The rooms were spacious. We stayed at a standard room which we paid 5,000/day. The bathroom was not so good because the water pressure is not that strong. In our room, the toilet had no exhaust fan. I would expect that it would have one considering that the accommodation is really pricey.
So my last say is... I would'nt discourage you to stay in costabella but I would'nt recommend it as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and getaroom.com so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island