“Great Place for Those Who Want to Relax”

Cebu White Sands Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Mactan Island
Reviewed June 25, 2010

As mentioned in my title, it's a great place for those who want to relax. The resort had a very relaxing feel to it... like you were at your Grandmother's house. The furniture were "homey" and there were lots of greenery too. There's a big pool, which both the kids and adults can use. There's a beach, although it's not much. A bit of disappointment but then again, I think most beaches in Cebu are like that.

Service from check-in to check-out was great. Staff were very courteous and helpful. They seem to know the hospitality rule that "the guest is king." Front desk assistance was just a call away and they did seem to answer to our every want and need.

We booked the Deluxe Room which had views of both the beach and the pool. Rooms had a refrigerator (which we didn't use), cable TV and a terrace. Didn't have problems with the A/C units. We had a bit trouble sleeping because we couldn't find the switches for the night lights until morning came. It's hidden somewhere beside the bed. The bathroom had a tub, hot and cold shower and was stocked with shampoo, conditioner and soap. Buffet breakfast is included and it was enjoyable as there were many choices.

Location-wise, Cebu White Sands is okay. It's 30 minutes away from the City center and the airport. It's 15 minutes away from SuTuKil where you can eat fresh seafood and 10 minutes away from the Jetty Port if you are planning on island hopping.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jesuiskareen

Reviewed April 21, 2010

I found this resort on the Internet. Despite others pointing me to other places/hotels in Mactan, I chose this resort based upon their marketing it as an upscale family resort. I treated my nieces and my sister and I wanted them to have a special memory of our mini-vacation. I was not dissappointed.

From the moment I checked in, the staff made feel very welcome. I was given a beautiful end-unit room overlooking the sea on one side and the pool on the other side. The rooms are beautifully and tastefull decorated with plantation furniture; it has an ecclectic approach of Asian/Spanish style. I had a safe, a huge full bath, and flooring so rich I wish I could replicate it in my house in the USA. The hallways were decorated sparingly but tastefully with Philippine antiques.

What is so good about the place? For one thing, the staff are very accommodating and friendly. The gardens are well kept and very pleasing to the eyes. The grounds are well kept and designed in Far East and Indo Asian style with big rain jars and plumerias. They have a koi pond and veranda with plantation style furniture. The breakfast buffet was bountiful except, we wondered why they never served mangoes, which is one of Cebu's claim to fame (oh well, after Lapu-lapu and lechon:). Indeed, the pools are sparkly and warm from the sun and we swam late into the evening. There were kids in the pool but I never heard anyone whining!

There is a small beach and the water is warm but alas, that is not the selling point for this resort. The pools are a better option; the staff is awesome, the rooms are well kept and elegant; the food in their restaurant is good and I would go there again if I have the chance. In fact, I think I will!

The cab drivers can take you to the sights in metered fare. We ate what they call SOTOKIL (sugba/grilled;tola/poached;kilaw/ceviche) and we were impressed.
We got to Cebu via Cebu Air at a very unbelievably reasonable price; we took a taxi and paid $5 to get to the resort. The Manila Domestic Airport has been refurbished and as a world traveller, I can say that it is one of the nicest domestic airports in recent memory. It is a far cry from the last time I used it (2007) where I felt like I was in a decrepit air terminal. No longer! It is modern and I am proud of it!

The CEBUANOS are very friendly people who are easy to smile and give you a break. Salamat kaayo! (Thank you very much!)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mocha2008
Reviewed April 7, 2010

The wife and I stayed for 6 nights in a room on the ground floor with a balcony close to the pool and beach the room was great aircon, celing fan, bar fridge and good bathroom.
TV everything was good in the room we could not complain, there are 2 pools one huge one for everyone then a smaller one round the back for people aged over 12
Breakfast was great with a good variety of food.
The beach is not really worth talking about very shallow but nice look at I went for a paddle on my first day but that was it as the pool made up for this.
We had a buffet dinner on our first night all you can eat, well I could not eat anything it was really bad it was not cheap either, I wondered why we were the only ones eating there. We complained about the food and they refunded our money no questions asked, we did not eat there again except for breakfast. I thought the drinks were expensive for a small can of beer is 90pesos outside I can buy for 25 pesos so I brought my own in the room
We did not go to the bar even though they had a philipino band playing in fact I could not see many people there.
I had a message for one our outside by one of the 4 girls and it was great only $AU12 well worth it
Would I stay here again? maybe not but dont get me wrong I think it is a nice place to stay for say 2 or 3 nights but on sundays I think all the locals pay 600 pesos so they can stay for the day and the pool is full of children, but nothing wrong with that
My wife and I had a nice pleasant stay but a little too quiet for me.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed March 21, 2010

found the staff brilliant,helpfull,great with my grand daughter.nothing was to much trouble.food was good.beach a little bit small ,but not a problem.pools were cleaned daily.the only problem was no night life,which i pointed out t managers daughter,i suggested a kareoke bar by the beach,from about 7 to 10.as a lot of guest went out side to local bars.will go again next year

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family