“I would stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Europa Cebu

Hotel Europa Cebu
Ranked #36 of 62 Mactan Island B&B and Inns
Greenfield, Indiana
“I would stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have never been to the philippines. I had reservations at europa for my second night in from airport. I had made a mistake in not arranging a room for the night i arrived due to time difference. I arrived at 2am at the airport. Contacted europa and they picked me up. They did not take debit/charge in person but do if arrangements are made on line. However when i arrived i had not had a chance to exchange my money over. Management let me pay the following morning after i gone to the atm nearby. Management was very kind and helpful. Rooms were clean however the pic over the bed was strange of mostly nude woman lol. Room had air conditioning, safe,fridge, hot water in bathroom. No elevator and rooms are up several flights if stairs which isnt fun lugging up bags. Location was near airport and seemed roughers side of city but even so i felt safe. Front desk locks doors at night. Gasano mall in walking distance.Mall has atm but is not a 24hr atm. Moll has a few restraunts including jollibee. Near hotel u can purchase bottle watr and loads for cell. Convenient location. Near busy road but didnt really hear it even our room faced the road. Excellent value for price. Rooms were cheap and clean. I would stay here again. Thanks to the management for their help, kindness, and a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kristiansand, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Europa for 3 nights and we are very happy we chose this hotel! Only 2 years old, all the rooms were very clean and nice - there was even hot water! Aircon, closet, safe, refridgerator, TV, free wifi... The airport on Mactan island is 20 min away in taxi, the beaches too. Most of the beaches belong to resorts, but you don't have to pay much to get in. We stayed at Best Western Resort one day, only for swimming and tanning at daytime - it was heaven. There is also a shopping market walking distance from the hotel, as well as ATM. The staff working there spoke english, but they didn't know much about their local area so try to google the distance to the beaches and so on, they will tell you completely different prices and distances. We stayed up one night playing cards with them, talking and playing guitar and had a very nice stay! This is definately good value for your money and we were on backpacking and had to live on a budget.

The only thing is that we heard the planes when they landed on the airport, but really, it didn't matter that much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in 2 nights in europa hotel basak, it was good service still good and I got discount card from them after check in, discount card from cebuexclusiveholiday thier outdoor adventure partner company who brought me to boat cruise which Php14,800 only one day, we made bbq in the boat and went to pangandanon island infront of bohol with my family and it was awesome gadie barro is our tour guide and cook it was awesome, we jump in the middle of the deep blue sea. After few days I come back to cebu again but hotel europa was full. I found home stay at deca 3 blk 11 lot 5 deca homes basak at the back of grandmall, it was great experience I paid Php300 per day electric fan and i can cook there that was awesome, clean bathroom and comfortable room they give, i stay 5 days and the location was great, easy to ride tricycle, walking distance to the mall and 10 minutes away from the beach gadie brought me there since it was midnight I arrived I save money a lot. And they give more info about cebu and the history. Thanks to gadie Barro. Try it.

• Stayed July 2013
Cooya Beach, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Good ,clean rooms,nice staff.the cantina across the road is excellent. It is close, 500 metres to a large shopping mall where you can visit choice of 3 salons . Also shop and eat. Only 10 mins to the airport, early in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel to avoid the traffic noise. The Mexican cantina across the...