“Lantaw Floating Native Restaurant”

Lantaw Native Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 218 Restaurants in Mactan Island
Cuisines: Filipino, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

On our 2nd night in Cebu, we decided to eat dinner at Lantaw Floating Native Restaurant. We just read somewhere to try this restaurant and so we did! It's a few minutes drive from Imperial Palace. We asked the help of the front desk from Imperial to reserve a seat for us. However, the phone of Lantaw is very busy. Thus, we went early as we heard that it gets full towards dinner time. We also want to be there before sunset.

Taxi cost us around Php 140.00. We did not ask the cab to wait for us because the driver's rate is Php 300.00 per hour.

We ordered inihaw na tuna panga, pork sisig, baked scallops, lumpiang shanghai, and gatang seafood (i forgot the name), rice, and pitcher of cordova drink. all these cost us a little over Php 1,000.00 :).... the gatang seafood is good... it is served on a buco shell. the cordova drink is also good.... same with the other orders.

we would have stayed longer but we are not sure how to get back to the hotel so we decided not to stay too late. from the restaurant, we walked a few meters to get a padjak (a bike w/ a side car). we were charged Php 60.00 per padjak and can only accommodate 2 passengers. we were brought to the main road and got a cab from there. However, i suggest that you just wait for cab from the restaurant. We noticed that most customers go there by cab. You just have to wait a little to get one.

9  Thank specialmom728

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I love their food! Specially their Crispy Pata.. we've ordered a lot of food, like the big shells, fish, lantaw express, spicy scallops and more... Then i tried their buko lychee shake! it was so addicting! not to mention their scenery is very beautiful.. Want a place to relax and have good food? try this place! oh and try going at night... it's prettier... :)

1  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed March 20, 2013

First time I went on this place was on October 2012. The very first thing that would come to your mind when you see the place would be "One of a kind." Not just that it is a floating restaurant, but the very details on the interiors are really amazing. For the food, I think all are terrific, just don't forget to try their CORDOVA COOLERS for your drinks, with the matching unique glasses (garapon) which you won't see anywhere else. Excellent for any occasions, like reunions, birthdays and even just to getaway from the busy work life. As for me, this is where I did my wedding proposal, (which I believe) I was able to pull off properly. I went there with my girlfriend and went home with my fiancee. So when in Cebu, don't forget to check this place, it's a bit far from the city, but really worth the trip. =)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been there twice and though a long ride from Cebu City,it is worth it! Located at the very tip of Cordova, the restaurant , made of bamboo, is located in the water. They have added another covered dining area after the open air section. This must be really beautiful at night but both times, it was lunch for me and family. Food has been consistently good , prices are reasonable and service is okay. We love hanging around after lunch to enjoy the sea breeze and to give our tummies time to rest before ordering our dessert. To avoid crowds, go on a weekday! Nice place to bond with family and friends!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have heard about this restaurant for few months now -- and when I got a chance to visit Cebu, I immediate went there with my family. I heard that the portions are small and serving expensive dish but to my surprise, it was good food (nice portions) and it is not expensive at all. I highly recommend this place.
If your in a big group, suggest going to the 2 special areas where you can dine privately (it is amazing at lunch)--- I heard the main open deck is magnificent during dinners!

2  Thank Randy D