“just average , nothing special”
Review of The Jungle Restaurant - CLOSED

The Jungle Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2010

When i read all the reviews here i get curious so decide to dinner there.
I must be honest to tell it was a little bit dissapointed and then especially the food.
The free pick up in Mactan is nice and was exact on time.
Nothing bad about the show, it was very nice and have enjoy it but have see better shows in resorts also. But then the food and drinks, just a beer 80+ pesos we have the menu from 800+ pesos. These are very high prices for the food you get, i dont understand all the reviews that tell the food is excellent. Really it is good but nothing special from the clam soup till the fruit just average. Beside that the food was just average, it where also small portions. For two you get 2 small sticks chicken en pork bbq, a small piece of lechon kawali for sharing ,must share a small squid, and you can count the vegetables. For me it was really not enough.
In short show is ok, service is ok but food just normal

1  Thank guestcebu

Reviewed July 25, 2010

I had the pleasure of visiting The Jungle three times while in the Philippines for 30 days. The first was with a group of co-workers and we had a blast. Phillip and Flo are terrific hosts. The show was exciting and the music was wonderful. The food was some of the best the entire time I was there. You can easily take anyone to the show. My 2nd return visit was as great as the first time. I took a different group and everyone was impressed. The third night only two of us went and since we were the only two in the place we passed on the show and sat and had Red Horse, We ate shrimp and chicken tenders. Phil joined us, we had a great evening. Phil knows the area and can help you find whatever you are interested in. His wife Flo is a gem.

4  Thank John22546
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The Jungle is a great place for dinner and a show. The fun started when we were picked up at our hotel by 2 employees in native costumes who ushered us to our Jeepney for the ride to the restaurant. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. The service was great and the show was fantastic. Everyone had a great time. The performers even bring the guests up to take part in some of the dances. Lots of fun and many photo ops with the dancers in native costumes. You can even buy some native souveniers at much lower rates than at the resorts.

The owners, Philip and Florence were fabulous hosts and made sure we were enjoying ourselves. I definitely recommend this as a place to have a meal and see a show when you are in Cebu.

4  Thank Marianne2010
Reviewed May 18, 2010

The Jungle delivers on all aspects: outstanding customers service, amazing food, fantastic entertainment and a feeling of well-being after leaving with a large smile! I have never written a review after all my travels of the world, but the Jungle so impressed me I feel compelled to let anyone visiting Mactan/Cebu to check it out. The owners have delivered the goods by providing excellent food and entertainment at a great cost to the customer, as they experience local cuisine and culture. I felt at home and welcomed and left with a huge smile. I'd reccomend The Jungle to singles, couples, and families will have an absolute blast.

3  Thank nbuzick
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I enjoyed this restaurant quite a few times. One time i brought friends with me and we enjoyed a great show, a few times for a meal and half a dozen times or so for beer and chat with the Owners or Staff. In the last year the show is much better and I noticed the much more expencive shows are now Imitating this show.

I give it an easy 4 or 4.5 out of a possable 5. Very good and not much money. Great Staff and a safe place.

CM