“What a Country!”
Review of The Jungle Restaurant - CLOSED

The Jungle Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I had the pleasure of visiting The Jungle three times while in the Philippines for 30 days. The first was with a group of co-workers and we had a blast. Phillip and Flo are terrific hosts. The show was exciting and the music was wonderful. The food was some of the best the entire time I was there. You can easily take anyone to the show. My 2nd return visit was as great as the first time. I took a different group and everyone was impressed. The third night only two of us went and since we were the only two in the place we passed on the show and sat and had Red Horse, We ate shrimp and chicken tenders. Phil joined us, we had a great evening. Phil knows the area and can help you find whatever you are interested in. His wife Flo is a gem.

4  Thank John22546

Reviewed June 24, 2010

The Jungle is a great place for dinner and a show. The fun started when we were picked up at our hotel by 2 employees in native costumes who ushered us to our Jeepney for the ride to the restaurant. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. The service was great and the show was fantastic. Everyone had a great time. The performers even bring the guests up to take part in some of the dances. Lots of fun and many photo ops with the dancers in native costumes. You can even buy some native souveniers at much lower rates than at the resorts.

The owners, Philip and Florence were fabulous hosts and made sure we were enjoying ourselves. I definitely recommend this as a place to have a meal and see a show when you are in Cebu.

4  Thank Marianne2010
Reviewed May 18, 2010

The Jungle delivers on all aspects: outstanding customers service, amazing food, fantastic entertainment and a feeling of well-being after leaving with a large smile! I have never written a review after all my travels of the world, but the Jungle so impressed me I feel compelled to let anyone visiting Mactan/Cebu to check it out. The owners have delivered the goods by providing excellent food and entertainment at a great cost to the customer, as they experience local cuisine and culture. I felt at home and welcomed and left with a huge smile. I'd reccomend The Jungle to singles, couples, and families will have an absolute blast.

3  Thank nbuzick
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I enjoyed this restaurant quite a few times. One time i brought friends with me and we enjoyed a great show, a few times for a meal and half a dozen times or so for beer and chat with the Owners or Staff. In the last year the show is much better and I noticed the much more expencive shows are now Imitating this show.

I give it an easy 4 or 4.5 out of a possable 5. Very good and not much money. Great Staff and a safe place.

CM

3  Thank connectticut
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I was staying in one of the best hotel in central Cebu. They have a show that costs 500 peso to see. When I compare that 40 minute hotel show, to the 90 min FREE show that I saw when I was eating on The Jungle Restaurant...just want me to write this review.
It's a great show and exceeded my expectation. Upon that, I had the best chicken I ate in the whole of the Philippines. So I don't have to sell anything, or holding stakes in any corner: You need to eat anyway, and with the FREE 90 min show while eating, this one is a solid traveladvice for anyone that like good food and a great show to watch. You can also watch my homemade short movie from parts of the show on youtube:

Best Regards, Patrik