“Wish All At The Jungle Good Luck”
Review of The Jungle Restaurant - CLOSED

The Jungle Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I enjoyed this restaurant quite a few times. One time i brought friends with me and we enjoyed a great show, a few times for a meal and half a dozen times or so for beer and chat with the Owners or Staff. In the last year the show is much better and I noticed the much more expencive shows are now Imitating this show.

I give it an easy 4 or 4.5 out of a possable 5. Very good and not much money. Great Staff and a safe place.

CM

3  Thank connectticut

Reviewed April 29, 2010

I was staying in one of the best hotel in central Cebu. They have a show that costs 500 peso to see. When I compare that 40 minute hotel show, to the 90 min FREE show that I saw when I was eating on The Jungle Restaurant...just want me to write this review.
It's a great show and exceeded my expectation. Upon that, I had the best chicken I ate in the whole of the Philippines. So I don't have to sell anything, or holding stakes in any corner: You need to eat anyway, and with the FREE 90 min show while eating, this one is a solid traveladvice for anyone that like good food and a great show to watch. You can also watch my homemade short movie from parts of the show on youtube:

Best Regards, Patrik

3  Thank Patrik_in_Sweden
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I am reluctant to sound like a walking, talking advertisement for The Jungle Restaurant and Bar on Mactan Island in the Visayas but I am reminded of the now defunct Australian airline Ansett that used to claim it was 'the six star airline' (out of five.

The Jungle cultural show truly deserves six out of five: thankfully, unlike the above airline, The Jungle is still with us.

I attended two nights in a row at the first show time of 1830 hours (6.30pm): my show times were poorly attended but later on one of the nights 35 diners were booked, and I gather that attendances of 30 to as many as 100 are now occurring as the business slowly becomes better known.

The staff greet patrons warmly at the entrance.

The show alone is available for P150 per person, which is compulsory if one does not purchase a meal: food and drink prices are failrly high by Mactan island standards (although lower than some of the more expensive resort restaurants) but my chicken, rice and chop suey - vegetables - was tasty and filling.

The show is full of the energy of the approximate 10 performers, who showcase the dances of the Filipino island groupings of Luzon, Mindanao and my personal favourfite the Visayas along with Cebuano dancing and a fire eating display.

Of these, the bamboo pole dancing from I think the Visayas is the most impressive but there are high skill levels involved in some of the others.

The colourful and detailed costumes have to be seen to be believed: they truly are impressive.

Audience participation is encouraged in two or three of the dances with the actors and actresses being truly welcoming. I could just tell that this was not merely a charade: it was genuine.

In a typically short-sighted manner, some of the Mactan Island resorts are not yet publicising this superb, value for money and family friendly entertainment, but they should be.

Philip and his Filipina wife deserve credit for opening this venue and for the professional choreography involved.

It is a credit to all concerned with the energy exerted by the performers amazing.

A midday or 1230 session is advertised but I suspect that hardly anyone comes: all the patrons attend in the evening at 1830 or 2030 with the 2200 session probably failing to attract anyone as it is so late.

5  Thank Victorianlad
Reviewed March 17, 2010

This place is good. I am a direct tour operator here in Cebu. I do checking and observation to most of the restaurant where we bring our guest just to make sure it is worth bringing them to that certain place / restaurant. But Jungle Restaurant is the " Best Place " I have ever been.

They have specialized the Philippine Cultural Dance Show which is one of the most entertaining part for our Tourist coming to our place.

Countries in the world have their own cultures made more colorful, beautiful and vibrant because of folk dances that are reflection of who they are and what they are. The Philippines will not be left behind, “The Pearl of the Orient” boast of a variety of Phil. Folk Dances. The Filipinos pay attributes and owe itself to the Cultural Heritage, and one way of showing such love and respect for the country that gave birth to the development of the Philippine Ethnic Folk Dance.

You should not miss it when you visit Cebu, specially in Mactan Island.

4  Thank KR_Travel_Cebu
Reviewed March 16, 2010

i just went out out from the office and was been wanting to this place.i brought my wife and 2 nieces.we was able to catch up the second show.This place was awesome.I just park my car and already somebody greeted us in their we were not been able to enter the building yet.when we were already inside everybody said hi sir hi maam even the waiters that facilitating other customers.its just amazing.this place represent filipinos in their hospitality.We Talked to the manager france i dont remember sounds like that.She really done good job managing this place.She is strict and mean but very nice to all.Everybody is clapping which i like and made me clap also .the manger Run it correctly and promptly.So bad we were so full already and was not able to eat a meal we just oredered few drinks and eat a terrific calamari never eat here in cebu,very good one and pay entrance fee which we were shocked..for the good and ncie place like this it should be more than that.The Dancers was professional no other dancers ive seen here in cebu done like that.energetic professional and most of all goodlooking....
And of course their pride the jungle fire dancers its just a big wow to US.i have seen lots of fire dance this is just more than great.the spinning of the stick the turning of the ball the eating of the fire fantastic. they are in perfect timing.This is great than in the resorts.Advise to the resorts hire these dancers for better show for you.Fracnce was so worried about the smoke she let staff sprayed all over the building and of course to our area. i told her its normal for a place like these to have smoke especially fire dance.Customer will not complain because its part of the show and part of what thay paid and what they were there for.Well guys i have lots to say about you all but i must sleep...I will always be back there with my family.Job well done for the manager.Im sure the owner which they say is an american is very proud of you guys the staff dancers and management of the jungle...oh lastly i forgot the manager is the owners wife no wonder this place is so great.

3  Thank markMactan