“awesome”
Review of The Jungle Restaurant - CLOSED

The Jungle Restaurant
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2010

i just went out out from the office and was been wanting to this place.i brought my wife and 2 nieces.we was able to catch up the second show.This place was awesome.I just park my car and already somebody greeted us in their we were not been able to enter the building yet.when we were already inside everybody said hi sir hi maam even the waiters that facilitating other customers.its just amazing.this place represent filipinos in their hospitality.We Talked to the manager france i dont remember sounds like that.She really done good job managing this place.She is strict and mean but very nice to all.Everybody is clapping which i like and made me clap also .the manger Run it correctly and promptly.So bad we were so full already and was not able to eat a meal we just oredered few drinks and eat a terrific calamari never eat here in cebu,very good one and pay entrance fee which we were shocked..for the good and ncie place like this it should be more than that.The Dancers was professional no other dancers ive seen here in cebu done like that.energetic professional and most of all goodlooking....
And of course their pride the jungle fire dancers its just a big wow to US.i have seen lots of fire dance this is just more than great.the spinning of the stick the turning of the ball the eating of the fire fantastic. they are in perfect timing.This is great than in the resorts.Advise to the resorts hire these dancers for better show for you.Fracnce was so worried about the smoke she let staff sprayed all over the building and of course to our area. i told her its normal for a place like these to have smoke especially fire dance.Customer will not complain because its part of the show and part of what thay paid and what they were there for.Well guys i have lots to say about you all but i must sleep...I will always be back there with my family.Job well done for the manager.Im sure the owner which they say is an american is very proud of you guys the staff dancers and management of the jungle...oh lastly i forgot the manager is the owners wife no wonder this place is so great.

3  Thank markMactan

Reviewed March 14, 2010

My wife (Filipina) and I, along with our 2 kids (10 & 14), and a family friend stayed at Plantation Bay for 2 nights. While there, we attended a fantastic Hawaiian Luau on the property. The next night, we decided to leave the property and visit The Jungle Restaurant. We almost decided not to, just because it's so easy to stay at the resort and not face all the traffic and crowds. Visiting The Jungle was probably the smartest thing we did during our 2 weeks in Cebu.

When we were picked up at the resort by a jeepney & 2 performers in cultural dress, I knew we were in for something special. After a short ride we arrived at The Jungle and were given front row seats. Our order was promptly taken and drinks arrived quickly. The food arrived quickly also and was very good. Not being into Filipino food really, I have a hard time rating it, but for 2 picky kids and their dad, it hit the spot. Next time though, I'll probably order 2 servings, because well, I'm used to American size servings and Filipinos just eat smaller servings but graze all day long. So, the serving size is what I've come to expect in the Philippines.

The show was magnificent. I truly believe the performers put their heart and soul in their performances. This had a different feeling for me than the show at Plantation Bay, which we also enjoyed a lot. At the Jungle, I could feel that they truly believed in the dances and had respect for their culture. I could sense the pride with which they danced. To me...it was just honest. Nobody was faking. No fake smiles. No acting. The dances were part of them.

And that's why...given a choice, I'd go back to the Jungle before catching the show at Plantation Bay again. Not taking anything away from PB. It was magnificent. But I was looking for more for our two children. I wanted them to feel their Filipino heritage. This is something they'll never forget. For a night, my children weren't mixed...they were Filipino...and I loved it.

At the end, we had the pleasure of meeting Mr Patrick's beautiful bride. We were given the bill and I was very pleasantly surprised at the value of the food and entertainment. The cost was less than 1/2 what we paid at PB for the Lauau. The service was first class from the time we stepped foot in the restaurant, until the time we left. The dancers escorted us back to PB in their jeepney, and we were sad to leave them.

But we'll DEFINITELY see them again on our next trip!

3  Thank LostinBohol
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Loved the show, the dancers were beautiful and very professional. They all work very hard.
Admittidly they picked us up on a motorbike with side car and we was abit worried.....but we actually found it quite funny! A true filipino experience!!
We wanted the food and drinks package, which we had seen online...but the waitress didnt really seem to know what we wa talking about. Anyway it was no problem, we chose from the menu, food was ok and Its really reasonable priced.
We had a great evening, they get members of the audience up dancing, which was fun!
The building and whole concept is great....its such a shame it wasnt that busy. It would be fab with abit more atmosphere.
Anyway if you are going to mactan, then definaltely visit. We had a great evening!! I would recommend it to anyone!

3  Thank rach25
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We enjoyed an evening of GOOD food , Philippine cultural dancing . PLUS the ADDED benefit of being part of the dances. OVERWHELMING.

2  Thank WhitestarElevator
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I'm really amazed at this wonderful restaurant-bar which provides exciting, energized entertainment one might expect in the fanciest entertainment venue in one of the world's top cities. What makes The Jungle Restaurant noteworthy to me is the sincere and focused effort from the American-Filipino couple who created and manage it, and the truly incredible performance from over a dozen highly talented, skilled, and devoted dancers and singers from Cebu and elsewhere in the Philippines, who provide three marvelous nightly shows. My attentive and conscientious hosts ensured that my experience was most enjoyable, from the moment I arrived until my departure with the happiest feelings and memories.

The restaurant's food is very tasty and reasonably priced - especially considering that a delightful show is provided at no additional cost to customers. While this restaurant has only been open less than a year, the management, staff, and performers have created the combination of atmosphere, food, and entertainment that is unmatched in Cebu (and probably anywhere else in the Philippines). The show itself lasts approximately 45 minutes to one hour. It has great variety, costuming, singing, and dancing. The show covers authentic costumes and dances not only encompassing all of the Philippines but also other Asian and world locations. Truly this is a MUST experience for anyone traveling or living in Cebu. I will be returning for a visit at each future opportunity.

4  Thank travelfacets