We just recently spent our vacation there; it was our last stop in our itinerary of 11 day vacation in Cebu/Bohol.
It was through their website. But there was an issue when they informed me that there was no room available for the dates I selected though I got an email that stated i successfully reserved the room. They sorted it out and the person I talked to was very helpful.
Their rate does not include the boat transfer and you have to pay for it (whooping PHP2000 for a small boat)!!! The boat ride took around 40-45 mins because it couldn't sped off due to the waves. for a big boat, I think the travel time will be just 20 mins max. And there was no life jacket provided!!!
we were excited when we were approaching the island. the water was very clear, very inviting!!! There were staffs waiting for us and gave us seashell necklaces upon arrival... It was a warm welcome. The room/cottage was OK and the bed was comfortable. The cottages are located at the side of the island, they have little verrandas facing the neighbor island and where you can see and feed fishes too! It has a foot bridge to their snorkeling site in marine sanctuary where you can enjoy lots of fishes! They also have a dive shop there. Lots of Island hoppers stop by and include this island in their itinerary. Regarding their staffs, most are accommodating and helpful.
The DMs and boatman were very nice and helpful throughout the dive. The dive site is a steep slope located in the marine sanctuary. The main feature of the dive site was groupers and stingrays. Of course there were also lots of other fishes there but they're nothing compared to my diving experience in Balicasag, Bohol a week earlier (can't help not to mention it!). But still, it was a nice dive. My wife and son enjoyed swimming and snorkeling while waiting for me to surface.
Their food is just ok. They have small servings of food per order. For me, the food there is expensive. Because it is an island you might say... But it's not that far from the mainland! A PHP20 fruit juice in can that you can buy in the grocery/supermarket costs 4 times more for the guests and 5 times more for the-non guest on that island!
The BAD and Some Observations:
- We reserved an air-conditioned room but the air-conditioner was not working. It was OK on our first night because it was windy but i reported it on our second night because it was humid. I requested for an additional electric fan. They adjusted the room rate on our second night to non-aircon. The first night was not adjusted because they said we did not report it right away :( Well, it shows that they dont check their facilities!
- UNFORTUNATELY the family (and friends) of the resort owner/s were there during our stay. I wanted to dive in the afternoon on our first day to have ample avoiding DCS before flying back home. But, unfortunately the DM said their bosses have a schedule on that afternoon so it's not possible and i can only dive on the next day because the owners will rest. I just shrugged my shoulders and said OK, 24 hours after diving before boarding the plane will do. But it leaves me somewhat negative customer service.
- We had a warm welcome when we arrived the island but we felt the opposite during our checkout. When we arrived, the staffs carried our bags to our room but noone when we were about to leave. And there was a thing that I really didn't like. We paid for our boat and i thought we were the only ones whose going to use it but behold, the owner's friends also rode our boat! So basically, I paid for their boat transfer! One more thing, the gesture of the owner was just not right, she let her friends to board first and after that she said to us, "OK, you can go now!", as if we didn't pay for that ride! it was a very bad gesture.
The place is nice for a day tour, one night max. We stayed two nights so it felt too long. You can already enjoy the island on a day tour, nothing extraordinary. Also, one reason not to stay more than 1 night is that your bill will be huge! Like I said, the food there is expensive.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Nalusuan Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nalusuan Island Hotel Mactan Island
- Nalusuan Island Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island