“Good choice in Itacare”

Ranked #14 of 97 Itacare B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good choice in Itacare”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The Pousada was well set out, nice gardens, small pool, good sitting areas, relaxing atmosphere. The staff on front desk were friendly and Nick the owner took time to come and talk to us which was nice.

The room was small, but fine for what we needed. It was cleaned every day.

Breakfast was good but breakfast staff were so efficient they sometimes cleared away your cup or plate before you'd finished, ie. with food and drink still on/in them.

The only thing I could think of which would improve a stay at the Pousada would be if they had anti-mozzie plug-ins.

We enjoyed our stay and would happily return.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Joliday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The pousada offers great accomodation basically for anyone, if you are a couple (in our case), family... . It is located just a few minutes of walk to main street and main beach. The bigest + goes to the staf becouse they are really willng to help you out with anything that you need. The pousada itself is also a fantastic site, very clean, great breakfast, it has fitness, swimming pool etc.. We can really reccomend this place to everyone, go there and you will not be dissapointed.

And again, I would really like to thank the staf for helping us out with everything, you are really doing a great job and keep on doing it.

D&I

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Niceman-Dejzi
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My husband and I were dropped off in the middle of Itacare on a rainy afternoon in May and stumbled upon this gem of a Pousada. After nearly two weeks in Brazil I cannot tell you how grateful we were to find Nick, the British proprietor and Sandra the English speaking receptionist. The location is fantastic (quick and easy walk to both the beach and town), the rooms lovely, the pool tranquil and the breakfast wonderful. Nick helped us book tours, a surfing trip, laundry and had great recs for restaurants. I checked out casa zaza before deciding on this pousada and prefer the rooms at coquiero verde because they had high ceilings, lots of light, small private balconies and new bathrooms. Our intention was to stay for two days and move on but we ended up staying for 4 nights. We definitely feel like we got more than we paid for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I went there with a friend of mine - I went for the surf and she went for the capoeira. We stayed in Room 4, just opposite the swimming pool, for 10 days. This place is like a little spot of heaven, admittedly we had roughed it out a bit in the previous pousadas we visited, but Coqueiro Verde gave us everything we needed! It was beautifully laid out, lovely gardens and pool (a bit small but a major plus considering its not typical for pousadas to have pools at all), sumptuous breakfast each morning, very friendly and helpful staff from the kitchen staff to the receptionists to the owners (shout out to Nick!) and even Hercules the dog! The rooms were well apportioned, bathroom facilities were good, and there was ample lounging space, I especially loved the hammock right on my patio. There is also a bbq for guests to use although sadly I only discovered this on my second last day there. The pousada is a short walk from the town centre and also from several beaches. Although the roads can be dark at night, I felt very safe at all times. If you are worried, you can always take a taxi which cost BRL15 no matter where you go.

The only minor downside I would point out is that the air conditioning units can be a bit noisy. This did not bother me as I just ignore noise when I sleep but my friend was bothered by it and she turned off the air conditioning which in turn bothered me because I cannot sleep when it is hot. So bring ear plugs if you are sensitive to noise!

Oh and there is free wifi and the receptionist also makes you cocktails! What more can you ask for...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Before I decided to book this place I talked to many other pousada owner and the reason I decided to stay in Nicks Pousada Pousada Coqueiro Verde was his service and good price for me and my familys stay. Nick helped me to get connected with a very good guide etc etc.
Nick talk English and some of the staff do that as well, that’s a good thing when you come from Sweden as we do. The girl in the reception was also very helpful and she learned me some Portuguese to.
The pousada is very close to the beach and the price for the standard is very affordable, the standard of the pousada is very high.

If I go back to Itacaré I will stay at this resort again, that’s for sure.

Björn with family

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
tel aviv
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The owner of the place, Nick, is a very nice, english speaking, willing to help in everything that bothers you, all the other members of the staff are very nice to. the place is located very close to the beach and also to the main street but still maintains a very calm atmosphere.
The breakfast is very rich , fresh and tasty.
the place contains also a gim , swimming pool and a pool table for the use of the guests.
the rooms are pretty clean and very comfortable
We had a very good time , very recommanded

הפאוסדה ממש טובה
הבעלים ,ניק, מאוד נחמד מדבר אנגלית ועוזר בכל בעיה או שאלה.
ממוקמת קרוב לים ולרחוב הראשי אבל מאוד שלווה עם אווירה רגועה

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank itb_10
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Comfortable, peaceful, edenic environment including a friendly, helpful, and thoughtful staff! Upon entering the gate, the interior landscape is welcoming. Our room was comfortably furnished and had an immaculate bathroom.
Breakfast fruits and foods are plentiful.
Beaches are conveniently nearby also.
Easy to forget the outside world when staying here,

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple