“Simply Perfect!”

Ranked #30 of 97 Itacare B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo, SP
“Simply Perfect!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Casa Tiki.... Ahh THE casa tiki!!
I first went there to relax for 7 days. Kevin, the host, and Françoise, his mum, made me feel so welcome that I stayed 17 days!!! Actually, I should also include Cris, the cleaning lady... Even her sometimes sat with us at the breakfast table (and she cooks a fabulous Feijoada!!!).

Everything was absolutely perfect - From the awesome breakfast to the very clean and comfortable room I stayed in!
This pousada has an energy... A calming and relaxing one!

Should I mention that Kevin and his mum took me with them many times to different beaches?! By the way, I learned how to surf in Itacare... Thanks Kevin to take the time to give me a few tips!!

Living in Brazil since 2010, I honestly can say that the Casa Tiki is the best pousada I have been to!!

Thanks guys... We ll sure meet again!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Val7800
kevinstouffs, Owner at Pousada Casa Tiki B&B, responded to this review, April 1, 2015
Thank you so much to have decided to stay with us at Pousada Casa Tiki! we are very happy to see that you enjoyed your time here! We hope to see you soon again! The Tiki Crew :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We had such a wonderful stay at Casa Tiki we even extended by 2 more days! Kevin is an amazing host as he is always around to give tips on what to do and where to eat, not to mention is very friendly and good to be around.
Breakfast is wholesome and filling and the coffee is really good.

It's really nice staying in a place with not so many rooms because when you leave you feel part of the family! (And we really want to adopt Kevin's mum- she is too cool!)

The location is great too... Far enough from the noise of the Main Street and super close to the beaches.

We had a fantastic stay, thanks so much Kevin! Plus your mum And Marley the dog)

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I booked five nights at Casa Tiki, a small pousada owned by a young couple, Kevin and Patricia. Kevin is from Belgium and Patricia is from Sao Paulo, Brazil. They are lovely, friendly and extremely helpful hosts. I had to change my return flight to Sao Paulo and Patricia spent about two hours on the internet and phone assisting me with the change.

The room was clean and the breakfast was very good. I travel all over the world and I rate this as a best in guests services.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Worldwide
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I ended up in Itacare for work and hadn't even booked in at Pousada Casa Tiki but after my original hotel was overbooked I was welcomed by Pati and Marley the dog!
The rooms are simple but exactly what one requires. Comfortable beds, insect-free and cool. The beach is close-by and the breakfast dished up is fantastic.
One day I will return for longer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at the pousada for 5 days in the beginning of November and had a great time. Pati and Kevin were fantastic hosts and gave us lots of useful advice about things to do in Itacare, as well as organising a nice excursion to a beach further away from town and just generally being very nice people. Overall Casa Tiki is very cosy and cute, there are only four rooms which gives a more homely feel. We stayed in the "Greece" room which was not very big, yet comfortable and had everything we needed. The place had a great, relaxed atmosphere. If we ever have the chance to travel to Itacare again, we would for sure go back to Casa Tiki.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at this pousada for 2 weeks and really have nothing to complain. the village is very beautiful, our rooms and the bath have been cleaned every day. the 4 rooms have individual styles and beautiful paintings made by pati, who lives there with her husband kevin and their lovely golden retriver dog marley. even if you have a shared bathroom, you just share it with one room, so its almost like if you have your own .in front of every room, you can chill in the hangmok on the veranda, i felt like in a treehouse!
the garden and terrace looks like a little paradise and is full of nice green plants, flowers, birds and always clean. the breakfast is delicious with fresh fruits and everything you desire in the morning.
as kevin is a surfer he can tell you where the spots are and also give you all the infos you need for daytrips or contacts for surfcourses!
the pousada is a 5-10min walk to the village where you can go out for dinner or hang out in some chilly bars. also the beaches are not more then 10min walk away!
as the pousada has not so many rooms it gives the guest a very personal feeling, although you can have your privacy if you want to. so if you like to travel more the individual way- we can definetly recommend this pousada in itacare!( also that kevin and pati are going to open an delicious restaurant as well and are doing the best cocktail mixes of itacare´!:)

Room Tip: the greece room is behind the corner and more calm in case you desire more privacy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have just been spending 10 days at the Casa Tiki and I have to say that I could not find any better place to stay, it really feels like home (their tagline). My hosts Pati and Kevin were from the very start to very end as fun as welcoming, taking care of me and my well being. They are not only hosts, they are actually invested and they spend time with you, either partying, guiding you, helping you, they give you lift if you need, call the surfshop to set up plans, give you tips.. they are excellent... I really advise this place to everyone that is not only looking for a place to stay but also looking for meeting new and awsome people while travelling.
I would definitely go back there if I am lucky enough to come back to Itacare.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Africa room upstairs and it is just next to the bathroom so it was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends