“Quite and Nice”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Pranburi
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Quite and Nice”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I want to relax and my friend choose this place. We didn't try a restaurant it's near a swimming pool but they said guarantee from somethings. Breakfast is fine close at 10am although we still sit in there, they still serve.

Only 2 staff for spa, don't forget to make an appointment.

Room Tip: Villa is good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Duang M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We get there by bus from Bangkok, a ride of  3h15.  We stop at PranBuri and took a taxi from there for 200bath (we had to negociate) for a 30 min ride.  But a nice ride !!  And We took the minibus to go back to bangkok after our stay (300bath per person).

Very nice and quiet stay.  The staff was marvelous, very friendly even if they don't speak a world of English (except one at the reception). There is always someone at the reception to help.  They are smiley.

This place is not touristic, surprising !  The beach is so beautiful and HUGE !  Thai people visit this place on weekend and leave, so from Monday to Friday, I think we were alone in the hotel !  So quiet, the pool and the beach all for ourself, it was amazing.  Even if we were alone, there was plenty of staff.

The room, we had a villa, is comfortable.  Hot water in the shower.  Very clean. Good wifi except restricted site (trip advisor or expedia, good luck to have access to it...).  The vegetation all around is amazing.  Flowers smell so good.  Careful of mosquito, they bite, ouch!

Many other hotel around so you can try the restaurants of those hotel. The food was good everywhere. There was a good choice of DVD a the reception.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Marie-Julie D
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is not a luxury hotel. But it is comfortable, quite nice, pretty beds, a few extra touches, good outdoor pool, and across the street from an OK beach. Breakfast is just fine.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WorldwidePrincess
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I recently had the opportunity to visit Anchana.
As an expat living in Thailand, this was a great getaway during the week.
On arrival, reception had our check-in form ready and knew my surname.
We were shown through to our room and had beautiful delicious watermelon cocktails as welcome drinks, not just some warm juice, this was freshly prepared.
The restaurant has a great selection of dishes - from well prepared Thai cuisine to long desired Western meals. All excellently presented and reasonably priced. The house wine was delicious and the meals tasty.
With a 24-hour manned reception, you get a feeling that all is under control.
The swimming pool, with a proper kiddies section, crisp and clean.
A beautiful resort to stroll through and relax.
The following day, reception gave us excellent service, by arrange our transport back to Bangkok, they gave us various methods and prices, all done with a smile.
The hotel offers a wifi service, that is strong enough to be picked up by Smartphone.
Great American Breakfast.
And freedom to relax and just unwind, nothing forced and no unwanted looks
I will recommend Anchana to everyone.
Enjoy your trip and let the unwinding start

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank FrancoisB54
Bangkok
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed recently and I must say, stayed there because of the 'above average' reviews. in my opinion (obviously!) there is nothing above average here. I am really not a picky traveler and even I was disappointed! The photos on their website make the place look FAR nicer and maintained than it actually is. I also came because I know that down the road many families who live in Bangkok stay at Dolphin Bay Resort, but I wanted a slightly nicer place. The room itself (we stayed in a family villa) was nice and spacious with great beds, pillows, a couch, nice TV and dvd player, etc but there was some sort of plumbing leak so the bathroom floor was constantly covered in water (clean water, whew!) and very slippery. The beach is picturesque with the nice mountains of Sam Roi Yod all around - but it's not a nice sand beach like Hua Hin - it's coarse at the top and then just plain muddy. Yes, it's safe to say it was a mud flat beach when you get near the water. This area is very popular with Thai families (who often don't like swimming in the ocean but rather walking on the beach) so I suppose it's whatever you like. This is the second time I've tried the beaches in this area, and the second time that I was so disappointed that I left after one night. BUT we did have a boat tour (booked through Dolphin Bay Resort since they quoted us 600 baht paid directly to the fishermen; Anchana quoted 1500 baht. There you go!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RavenStorm
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed on Dec 15-20, 2010. This hotel is suitable for families, tranquil and peaceful area, beautiful beach, near national park. it's completely relaxing. The staff are very nice, helpful and friendly. Everything is perfect, especially fresh seafood. This is the one of the best hotel I've ever stayed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I reserved this hotel form travel fair. It's terrible service. The management and sale won't keep promises. First I booked the date on Dec 4-6, 2010. Later I changed my mind postponing my visit. Of cause I gave them advance notice. They won't allow my family to change it and later they took our reservation money. It's terrible. Please beware.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Birddd

Travelers are raving about these Pranburi hotels