“Best days are over”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Pranburi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Best days are over”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at the Evason in last December for 4 days in a pool villa.
The resort has seen better days for sure. Everything looks a bit outdated. But the service was excellent. The villa is small but fully fenced in so privacy is great. The room is as already said outdated and not up to date. The breakfast buffet is very good with lots of choices. It is a potty that even though the resort is at the coast there is no beach for swimming ( for that you need to go about 5 km towards Khao Khalok). Pranburi is about 20 km south of Hua Hin and I would certainly recommend to have. Car while staying there to discover the area. All together it was a relaxing stay and for that price I would certainly come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SAT33
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear SAT33

Thank you for your review and pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us in December.
I do apologise but I am going to have to respectfully disagree that the "best days are over"!
We are embarking on a phased upgrade of the resort's accommodations which will be complete by the end of November - so in my humble opinion our best days are yet to come!
Hopefully we can welcome you back to experience and look forward to seeing you.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 19, 2014

we stay at the hotel for a night. nothing unique or bad that need to be mention.
it is average, meet with the price we paid for a room with sea view during long weekend period.

the staffs are good (friendly, helpful and try to do the best)
the check in was poor, can be better manage but understandable, it was a long weekend period.
the bar is good, nice cocktail and snack. sadly when we stayed they can only offer only a few flavor of ice cream as the hotel undergoing machine upgrade in the kitchen.
I also has opportunity to visit the wine cellar and had a chat with the Beverage manager, it was lovely talking to him.

Verdict: it meet all expectation for chain hotel (abit too mainstream for us). if you don't have time to explore your options, this is the safe bet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank proudy
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear proudy

Thank you for the feedback, which I have been through with the team, and for your review.
Pleased to see that in the main that we met expectations.
Do come back and see us - and next time stay a little bit longer than one night, the longer you stay the better the experience gets!
Hope to see you again soon.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We booked this trip through a travelzoo deal and got an amazing package for the pool villa for a great price, which we may not normally have spent the money on. I'll get the one downside of this hotel out the way, it's not in the centre of Hua Hin and is a bit isolated. However, we hired a car for a few days which was great for getting us into Hua Hin and also out and about sight seeing. We also just wanted to chill out and relax on this holiday as we'd been really busy at work and just wanted to relax, so if you are just after relaxation and not being in the centre of it all then this place will be perfect!

The pool villa was stunning, and so peaceful and calm! The only problem we had was one day when they were doing some work on the paths behind our villa so there was machine noise and unfortunately a strong smell from the machines, but this was only on one day. The villa was always clean and tidy. i loved the fact you could pick which scents you wanted for your soap and shower gel.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was varied, plenty of choice, plenty of seating so didn't feel overcrowded. I loved the egg station where they'd make you whatever style of eggs you wanted.

We didn't eat at the hotel restaurants, although we did have room service one night which was nice enough. We mainly walked along to the local restaurants on the road by the sea and ate there in the evenings or went into Hua Hin.

The spa is amazing, we had a couple of massages there which were great and the whole atmosphere was so peaceful and chilled.

I have to admit, I may not have enjoyed this holiday as much if we had been in a regular villa, as it didm' feel quite as peaceful out by the pool as it was by the road. I liked the privacy and quietness of the villa's courtyard for relaxing.

My boyfriend actually proposed to me here so it will always be one of my favourite places now :o) but i would without a doubt come back and highly recommend it to people. I would recommend though, if you can afford it, get a pool villa!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joebella
Dear Joebella

Thank you for your kind review and delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Congratulations to you and your boyfriend - I see he "popped the question" and I presume you said "yes"!
Can we tempt you with the ceremony, the honeymoon or wedding anniversary - maybe even all three?!
Regardless hopefully we can welcome you back before too long.

Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We spent 8 nights at the Evason Hua Hin from the end of March. The staff were welcoming and friendly from our arrival until departure – to be honest we can’t think of any negative points to make (apart from the 3 hour drive from Bangkok but even that isn’t a problem considering that we wanted to be away from the busier areas).

We had booked a pool villa which exceeded our expectations, while I accept its ideal for a romantic couples holiday – our 5 year old daughter loved it. There was more than enough room in the villa for the three of us, comfortable bed and any products you could possibly need are provided (and more if you request them). We opted out of the daily clean as we didn’t think it was necessary to have linen changed – and this fitted in perfectly with their eco-friendly ethos. In fact this is evident throughout the resort and makes a big difference from the usual wastage. Loved the outdoor shower and bath – even the frogs watching from the pond only added to the charm.

We also went for the all-inclusive option which I would recommend if you aren’t planning to spend too much time away from the hotel itself. An added bonus is the free Wi-Fi and unlimited use of the bicycles. (I appreciated the 10% off all spa treatments!)

The main pool is huge and has more than enough sun loungers, we didn’t struggle to get one throughout our stay. I liked that they had a separate non-smoking section and that the pool is separated into different depths. While I understand some people may be disappointed by the lack of a beach to lie on this didn’t bother us in the slightest, in fact I’d much rather avoid the sand wherever possible. The road separating the hotel from the beach isn’t busy at all and I quite enjoyed lying on the lounger and watching the locals going by, fascinating.

Food – amazing! We don’t enjoy buffet style food so loved that all the restaurants were a la carte. ‘The Bar’ was ideal for lunchtime snacks – tapas selection was good and they’ll also serve you at the poolside. ‘Coast’ – every meal we had here was delicious (would recommend the seafood platter and seared tuna). Kieng Sah – really tasty Thai food, we had the set course menu, far too much food for two people but we couldn’t help but eat most of it! If you’re there on a Saturday I’d recommend the BBQ – awesome selection of meat and seafood and the entertainment (Thai dancers) kept us all mesmerised – especially my daughter. The breakfast selection is fantastic – anything you could possibly think of is provided included sushi, noodle bar, etc.

Pop upstairs to The Bar in the evenings – live singers from 9pm and relaxing beds to lounge on while enjoying the music. They are talented and really patient – sang the theme song from ‘Frozen’ most nights and allowed my daughter to sing along with them (something she is super proud of).

Staff – where to start? I unfortunately did not get many names but the staff in all the restaurants were friendly, professional and helpful. You’re greeted with a smile wherever you go. The ‘poolside team’ ensured we were kept topped up with drinks throughout the afternoon. Pom (?sp) in ‘The Bar’ deserves a special mention for her radiant smile and keeping my daughter laughing whenever we popped in. It was my husband’s birthday on the Saturday and the staff were wishing him happy birthday from when we arrived at breakfast to our evening meal – they even had a cake made for him and sang happy birthday at the BBQ. This was altogether unexpected.

Just Kids – my daughter spent a few hours at the kids club and loved it. We came home with various items of arts and crafts (fan, gel candle, peacock, etc) which are now proudly displayed in her bedroom. The team were great with children and I had no qualms about leaving her there by herself.

The spa – make sure you book yourself in for at least one treatment. The back, neck and shoulder massage was incredibly relaxing and the firming body scrub and wrap left my skin feeling smooth and revitalised.

As you can probably tell we loved our holiday and have already started enquiries into returning at the same time next year!

Well done to the team who made our holiday a memorable and enjoyable adventure to the Far East!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, definitely get a pool villa!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank NJG_OnTheMove
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear NJG_OnTheMove

Thank you very much indeed for lovely review and delighted that the hosts were able to provide you with a "fantastic family holiday".
We really appreciate your kind comments and this is the part of the job that I like in being able to give feedback such as yours to the hosts - it is very gratifying for all concerned.
Also delighted to see that you experienced so many aspects that resort has to offer - we hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights at a standard room and I never want to leave this hotel.Everything was perfect, food ,spa and facilities.The hotel has lot of things to do for all ages.There are rentable bicycles for tourist scattered around the beach,my dad really enjoyed his cycle rides for a couple of day.All the staff were very friendly.I really want to go back again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Treesarac
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Treesarac

Thank you for your kind review.
If "you didn't want to leave and you really want to go back", then do it!
We are waiting for you and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Wales
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed here for 6 days following a 5 night stay in Cape Nidhra in the heart of HuaHin. We were return visitors so knew what to expect. We chose a pool villa again. From the moment we arrived, it was bliss. We were welcomed back so lovingly and the same villa was prepared for us and ready early. We felt the usual calm bliss wash over us as we entered into the immaculate grounds with all it's wonderful plants ponds and wildlife.
Evason is well established and getting older, but like a fine mature lady she is more beautiful and more exquisite. We've stayed in the best of the Maldives and Pankor Laut etc and this place is up there with the best of them! It absolutely charmed us.
Our pool villa with walled garden and pool and a bath in the middle of a pond offered sheer delight, quiet and romance which was all we were after.
The hotel has made some pleasant refurbishments and upgrades to the pool and social areas. The prices for drinks inc ' no rush hour' were great.
Breakfast was wonderful and the Eco and enviro qualities of the place really came through. We loved the vegetarian and curry breakfast options. The juices were amazing too. We sat outside and it started the day in the best way.
Anything you wanted in your room you could ask for. We loved the incense and the pillow scent. Nothing was too much trouble.
A good few restaurants up the road. We loved the one up the road on the right as you walk to the beach. Great for my sweet and sour fried fish. my fave!
For us the Whole break was a perfect 10 as this place somehow gets you to relax and that's priceless!
We will be sure to use Evason when we go to Vietnam next.

Room Tip: Pool villas are a must!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisegirl
Alan Thomas ., at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Lisegirl - aka "the 5* girl!"

Thank you for your lovely review and delighted that once again you enjoyed your stay with us.
Obviously I am biassed, but I have to agree with your mention of the word "charmed" - as there really is something about the resort and the environment that is absolutely charming, and our guests really can relax and unwind.
If you change your mind about Vietnam let me know - we would love to welcome you back again!

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I just stayed at the Evason last week for 5 nights. (March 2014) As a single mom, I was looking for a place that would have some sort of child care/kids club so I would have a chance to relax and my 3 year old could still be entertained. In the end, my best friend also needed a vacation and joined us.

We booked the standard Evason room. Even though it was the lowest priced room, it was still fantastic. Very roomy, very clean, very nice, very light. Our balcony was spacious too that we would eat lunch out there a few times. Though we were in the furthest building from the pool, the walk was not far at all. And actually, our building was conveniently located in terms of getting to the Kids Club. We were super happy with the room.

For Kids Club, everyone was so nice and really took great care of my son during babysitting. By the end of the week, I felt like everyone on the resort would approach my son and know him by name. They have a great kids pool and kids play area. The air conditioned toy room was also great as a great break during the day if my son felt too hot outside.

As for the amenities of the resort:

-The pool is fantastic and huge. In a way, it's split up in three sections, two of which are deep and one very shallow. When my son was with me at the pool, we would be on lounge chairs in the shallow section. He could splash around with other kids and I could easily watch him. When he would be at kids club, we would lay on 'the island', which is a deck out in the deeper ends. They split the pool decks into smoking and non-smoking, which I appreciated because I do not like smoking. So I liked not having to worry about those around me smoking.

-The service at the pool (and well everywhere) was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful. We never had to get up from our deck chairs or out of the pool to place orders for food or drinks. During the day, we were delivered fresh fruit or popsicles. We even had our sunglasses cleaned.

-The food and drinks were very good. They have a good variety at the restaurants in terms of food, and their drink menu is really large. All the cocktails were fantastic (plus two for one during happy hour). We had probably about 5 or 6 meals there, all of which were excellent.

-The breakfast is AMAZING. Every night, my friend and I would end up talking about how excited we were for breakfast the next day. There was everything there- breads, waffles, breakfast meats, thai meals, fruits, vegetables... and the best two things: fresh juices and fresh sushi. (I miss their sushi and watermelon juice SO much!)

-The spa was great. We took advantage of daily deals they were running in the spa, so we ended up getting three treatments there. Literally the one was the best massage I have ever had.

-The drivers. Whenever we wanted to do something off the resort, we would ask the front desk to call if we needed to make a reservation. They would always have a driver available for us who would take us there, wait for us, and then take us back. If we wanted to make a stop on the way home for some street food or a 7-11, they had no issue. One driver even took us to a temple on the way back from visiting the vineyard. They were all very nice and the charges to use the driver was not bad at all.

-There are a ton of good restaurants off the resort as well. Definitely visit Mr. Sing's Beach Bar. If you walk off the resort (in the direction of the beach), turn right on the road and Mr. Sing will be there with his truck to take you to his restaurant. He is the cutest little old man ever and the food is great. My son happened to say he wanted pizza while at Mr. Sing's and even though they don't have pizza, they brought in a pizza from another place so my son could have a piece.

-Two random things to point out: if you can eat the Noodle Bar on the weekend, do. The Pork Salad with noodles is AMAZING. Very spicy (and I can handle my spicy) so get it medium spicy. Also, I have never seen 'public' bathrooms so clean and pristine as these. Even the pool bathrooms were great.

I had read a lot about people complaining about the road between the resort and the beach. It's really not a big deal at all. If you think it would bother you, then go next door to the Sheraton. It has a giant wall blocking the road. But I think you would lose a lot of ambiance if you did that. Also, at the end of the day, that road is the same for any of the hotels/resorts in Pran Buri along the coast.

My one complaint is the wifi. The free wifi in the bar/pool is quite weak. You can pay for it in the room, but even then it's not always that good.

Honestly, I am missing being there SO SO much. I have said some many great things about this place since being home. I just want to be back there at the pool drinking a Watermelon cocktail so badly.

Room Tip: Coincidentally, the day I went to book the rooms, the Evason website had a deal on the standard room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tori I

Thank you for your lovely review and you know that "if you didn't want to leave", then you did not have to leave - we would have been very happy to extend your stay with us!
Delighted that you were taken in by the charm in and around the resort, so thank you for taking on the ambassadorial role for us.
We will look forward to your return visit.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pranburi
Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
#8 of 135 in Hua Hin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,257 reviews

Been to Evason Hua Hin? Share your experiences!