Angela Resort(Pak Nam Pran)
$31
Praseban Resort(Pranburi)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,900 results
All reviewspool villasix senseshua hinthai restaurantstudio roomday bedtennis courtskids clubsushipool staffturn rightmost nightsgolf buggylily pondsspa treatmentsnoodlesgreat resort
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at the evason for 6 nights in Feb. 2014. We are a family of four with two children ages 4 and 7. We enjoyed our stay, in fact we preferred this area to the very touristy Koh Samui we visited afterwards. We stayed in a pool villa, which was fantastic. The poolvillas have lots of privacy. We really liked the outdoor shower area also. The resort is older, but has aged well and we liked the rustic feel. The grounds are beautiful! We had a banana tree right by our door. The food in the resort is good and reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet is also very good. The two things that stop this place from getting five stars are that there is no beach, and there is no wifi in the rooms.

I am not sure when the beach will be back, but I took a bike ride one day and rode 3km down the beach road to the right, and found a fabulous beach which I basically had to myself. It was amazing!

We got a ride to Hua hin with a taxi service right outside the resort for 800 baht return with 3 hours shopping. The beach in Hua hin is great with small kids (just like the one down the road). I also agree with other reviewers that the neat thing about the Evason is the area is not so touristy, and you get a chance to experience local life. The locals are friendly. If partying is your thing, this is not the place, it is too remote, but if you want peace and quiet in beautiful surroundings, come here.

A very special thanks to the very helpful nurse on the resort, sorry but I cant remember her name, who booked me an appointment with a dentist at Hua Hin hospital when a broken filling turned into a painful tooth infection. You never expect these things to happen on vacation, but they do!

We would definitely return--especially when the beach is back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear american_expat_CPH

Thank you for your review and delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the pain in the tooth! I have passed on your thanks to Khun Songlah, our nurse who took care of you.
Also pleased to see that you were able to get out and explore locally by bicycle - it's a great way to see and experience the local way of life and to discover your own private beach!
So please do not wait for the beach to return before you do and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stay on Sunday 16th March for 1 night in standard room. Ready was not ready upon arrival at 4:30 pm. At first we've een asked to wait for room to be ready for next 40 minutes, but after Reception gave another call to check with Housekeeping we still need to wait for 15 mins. The Reception who checked us in should respect and mind with the space between staff and guests. Not to play or say everything to your guests with laugh or kidding. No explaination about breakfast time or venue as well as no wifi mentioned upon checked in or even when dropped us at the room. The toilet was dirty when we entered to the room. It looked like the Housekeeping just finished clean up the room right before we entered and forgot to press the toilet flush button because when we lift up the toilet flush cover it was dirty black water inside.
When we lift up the telephone to call for wifi instruction the phone handset was still wet with strong bad smell from dirty rag. We were too tired to make any complaints and we wanted to enjoy the rest of time in your resort's facilities.

However, we would like to give our compliment to your Bellman? or Driver staff? for the wonderful arrival experience with their prompt service.

Also we would like to recommend you to provide some slippers in the room as the floor was quite cold (tried to look for it but couldn't find any).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank knok_n
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear knok_n

Thank you for your review but sorry to see that we left you feeling "a bit disappointed".
Please accept my apologies for the manner in which your check-in was handled and I have reviewed your comments with the team as more concern should have been demonstrated rather than "kidding around". Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I have also noted the lapses in standards demonstrated by Housekeeping - they are generally able to achieve higher standards than achieved on this occasion.
In reviewing your comments with the team and without wanting to make excuses we noted that your booking was made same day of arrival through a third party OTA and we received notification from them of your reservation at 1520 hrs and was entered into our own reservation system at 1529 hrs.
This would perhaps explain the delay upon check-in as internally we would need to let Housekeeping know of a new arrival and to allow them time to prepare the room - so they appear to have been rushed and not paid as much attention to detail as they should have. But this does not excuse the lapses in cleanliness and meanwhile the delay should have allowed the Front Office team more time to explain resort facilities to you - so again thank you for bringing these points to my attention.
Please do return to us and allow us the opportunity to leave you feeling completely satisfied.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Overall this is a great hotel. I would certainly recommend this hotel for a family getaway from Bangkok.

Positives
1. Excellent breakfast with super bread.
2. Fantastic kids club - no TV!!!!!
3. Lovely grounds that are immaculately kept.
4. Nice touch that kids eat free.
5. No charge for 'special' coffees e.g. lattes at breakfast.
6. No charge for keeping room until 4pm.

Negatives
1. Paying extra for tennis. When you pay so much to stay at the hotel you expect the facilities to be included within the price.
2. Disabled access to pool. It was extremely difficult for one of our party who has walking difficulties to get into the pool.
3. Wifi is only available for free in a limited number of locations. When you pay so much to stay at the hotel you expect free Wifi throughout the hotel.
4. Child bicycle seats are not safe for small children.
5. The hotel does not charge for an extra bed when the extra bed is for a child yet I was charged for a full extra adult - more a question of poor service from the internet booking company than the hotel - but I was disappointed that they didn't make a refund when asked.
6. Not a big issue but the hotel didn't notice it was my birthday from my passport during our stay. Some 5 star hotels I have stayed at over my birthday have noticed and sent a card or given a small present. These type of touches do set apart the best hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank FamilyBarker
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear FamilyBarker

Thank you for your balanced review highlighting the positives as well as some things upon which we can improve.
Hopefully being based in Bangkok you will be back again to "escape city life" in the not too distant future (but don't leave it until your next birthday! - sorry not to have picked up on this). Please let me know as I would love to catch up and review the comments with you in person.

P.S. As I have alluded to in other responses on this forum the "value add" packages will resolve the niggles of additional incidental charges.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We picked our destination fir this trip based on where there was a Six Senses after an amazing time at the Evason in Vietnam.
Sadly the two are very different experiences. The breakfast was excellent, the room was nice(pool could use a pain touch up in pool villa.). Food was amazing! We arranged for a private poolside buffet, worth the splurge! The staff at our dinner was amazing and the good was Awesome and very very generous in portion! The pool location and services were great! We enjoyed the bar and the Cambodian dinner.
It was good. Spa and gym were great! Overall the customer service at reception was a bit lacking. No money exchange, not overly helpful or friendly! This is what we remember most from Vietnam was that the front desk staff was almost tripping over themselves to make sure to greet you and check on your stay! It was service like we had never experienced, and we weren't experiencing it here! In fairness it was a bigger resort! We also had no encounters Or visible encounters with any if the GM, head of food and beverage etc. this was also something that stood out at our past six senses experiences. The worst part was check out. The process seemed disorganized and it left a bad taste in my mouth. After a while of trying to sort out the bill(we booked it online and thought we had payed but apparently they didn't charge us upfront and now wanted payment. We were concerned we were paying twice as at this point no ability to check our credit card bill they went digging in the office for a long time to come up with paperwork to show us on our online receipt) We get it sorted and are now running behind get to the taxi to take us to the airport....only to arrive and load into taxi and be sent back to reception. Apparently they forgot to charge us for the taxi both ways, at this point it all felt very disorganized and now all reAdy running behind due to earlier slow confusion we had to return to the front desk to start the process again. Ahhh we didn't leave on a great note. The customer service just wasn't there! Need a better system!
So would we go again, probably.....but If I was picking based on where there was a six senses I would go back to the
one in Vietnam first!

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Sfinsoul

Dear Sfinsoul

Thank you for your review, although disappointed to see that what seems to have been an otherwise enjoyable stay was marred by a miserable check out experience.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I have gone through the comments with our Front Office team to ensure that we have learnt from your poor experience and will improve as a result.
Also sorry that I was not visible to sort the problem - on your day of departure I was travelling on business.
Hopefully we can persuade you to return - and I will make a point of checking in with you.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Wow!! Sums up our stay, from check in we were greeted with the most attentive staff I have ever encountered, they were so friendly and went way above and beyond to make sure we had everything that we needed, we upgraded to a private pool villa and I Would certainly recommend these as they are beautiful, we also upgraded to the All Inclusive package which we found excellent value, the food and drinks were all of the highest standard, included on the package was bike hire every day, and where some people have found the coastal road a negative we actually loved it as a morning bike ride along the very quiet coastal road was a real bonus, we visited some amazing empty beaches along our way, plus the friendly fishing villages. It was a lovely way to explore the area and also very safe. We had one day of very stormy weather during our stay but the hotel staff were on the ball including the manager, giving everyone towels to dry off and umbrellas, I am an independent travel agent and have been fortunate enough to visit many hotels, but the Evason will take some beating, we had a truly relaxing and enjoyable time. thank you Evason, we hope to visit again real soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a pool villa
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear mandyarmstrong

"Wow!" - many thanks for your kind review and coming from someone promoting our industry, to read your review is very gratifying.
Pleased to see that you enjoyed the "all-inclusive" package and took advantage of the bikes to get out and explore the local community - it really is a great way to take in the charm of the area.
We will look forward to your return.

Sincerely