We stayed at the Evason for the second time (actually, the first time was at the Six Senses) early in Jan 2014. The property has aged gracefully and I enjoyed seeing some of the rennovations carried out by the management.
The resort is approx 30mins ahead of Hua Hin in a secluded area. There is not much to do around and hence the charm of going to the Evason is the resort itself. The resort is well contained with several eating and sporting options.
We stayed at a pool villa and enjoyed the space and service, although we probably used the plunge pool once. On our previous trip, the weather was more conducive to early morning and late evening dips and hence the plunge pool was used far more often. Although the room is showing its age, it was kept clean and functional. The shower pressure needs improvement.
The main pools seemed to have undergone new flooring. The chipped tiles were replaced by cement flooring. This is our favorite part of the resort and we spent most of the day lounging around or inside the pool. The poolside service is superb and we thoroughly enjoyed their home made lemonade along with the occasional Erdinger beer. The food menu is the same as the nearby bar area and we ate all our lunches here.
The breakfast spread is one of the best I have seen. Huge varities of fruits, breads with various spreads, approx 6 different sushi (+maki rolls) rolls & miso soup, hot thai breakfast, 5-6 juices, 5-6 yougarts, veggy fare, the usual eggs made to order + bacon/saussages, etc. A special shout out to their cappucino, which was probably the best I have had in Thailand over 20+ visits.
We visited the Thai restaurant Kien Shah several times and found it to be superb. This resonated with our memory from the previous trip. The Med restaurant served some really good sea food preparations as well as the usual fare. On the food front, our only disappointment was the icecream at the pool side shack. We tried the banofee and the cookie dough - didnt finish either.
The resort had tennis, archery and a few other sports and also arranged fishing excursions, but we did not partake.
My real disappointment was the spa. We recalled some really good therapies from our previous visit and also from visits to other Six Senses properties but the massages we had were not up to the mark. Firstly, They could not have a female therapist who could give a deep tissue massage. I was recommended a different massage, which I found to be more of a rub than a massage. The following day, I took a foot massage, which although better, didnt quite make the cut. My wife had a body scrub which she somewhat enjoyed.
Overall, a great propert, especially for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evason Hua Hin is approximately 230 kilometres or 140 miles south of Bangkok. An excellent highway provides for a three-hour drive. King Rama VII built a palace there in 1926 and it remains the Thai Royal family Summer Palace to this day. Evason Hua Hin is located in the quiet area of Pranburi, south of Hua Hin Township. Set amongst 8 hectares or 20 acres of gardens, facing the Gulf of Siam, it offers 196 guest accommodations in a garden setting, including 40 private pool villas each measuring 110 square metres. Evason Studios feature an oversized terrace complete with a daybed. Guestrooms offer eco-friendly designs adhering to a renowned responsibility to the environment and the Evason philosophy of Redefining Experiences. Dining options include The Restaurant serving a daily International breakfast buffet, while Kieng Sah restaurant features authentic Thai cuisine. Coast is opened for dinner and serves Mediterranean cuisine with a strong Italian influence. The Bar is located adjacent to the main pool and offers an all day drinks and dining option serving a comprehensive range of wines and cocktails along with traditional international and Asian favourites. Six Senses Spa offers a truly relaxing and revitalizing experience with therapeutic and pampering treatments to balance the senses. Just Kids! Has its own swimming pool and keeps children entertained all day, and at night offers evening sleepovers with professional supervision.Free wifi is available in all guests rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Evason Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evason Hua Hin Hotel Pran Buri
- Evason Hua Hin Thailand/Pranburi