I arrived a day early, but they managed to find me a spot in spite of the place being quite full due to a local holiday. It must have been some kind of emergency room, as I hope they don't rent rooms like this out regularly. The smell of mold was overwhelming, and there were actual fungi on the woodworks. Really, who constructs a shower with apparent untreated wood panels? The dense foliage close to my balcony invited a lot of bugs. I appreciate the "rustic" angle, but this reminded me of the $5 bungalows at Koh Pangan in the mid '90s.
The next day my pool villa was ready, and everything was bliss. Almost.
I visited Evason Hua Hin last year, and it would've been nice to have been recognized. A couple of staffers did, but nothing "official".
Internet/wifi is a short complimentary connection from your room, after that it's 50 tbh/hr. Bar has free internet. Also, there is no longer wifi in the breakfast restaurant, as opposed to 2012.
Last summer activities such as tai chi were free. This year they are not.
While I still enjoyed visiting Evason Hua Hin, in 2013 I expect free resort-wide wifi, and since the resort is in such a remote location, small activities such as yoga or tai chi should've been complimentary. I'm not cheap, I just don't like being charged for everything when there is nothing to do in reasonable vicinity.
I really appreciate a small but important change from last year; one can now indicate which time frame one prefers housekeeping to visit. Breakfast and staff was outstanding again. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evason Hua Hin is approximately 230 kilometres or 140 miles south of Bangkok. An excellent highway provides for a three-hour drive. King Rama VII built a palace there in 1926 and it remains the Thai Royal family Summer Palace to this day. Evason Hua Hin is located in the quiet area of Pranburi, south of Hua Hin Township. Set amongst 8 hectares or 20 acres of gardens, facing the Gulf of Siam, it offers 196 guest accommodations in a garden setting, including 40 private pool villas each measuring 110 square metres. Evason Studios feature an oversized terrace complete with a daybed. Guestrooms offer eco-friendly designs adhering to a renowned responsibility to the environment and the Evason philosophy of Redefining Experiences. Dining options include The Restaurant serving a daily International breakfast buffet, while Kieng Sah restaurant features authentic Thai cuisine. Coast is opened for dinner and serves Mediterranean cuisine with a strong Italian influence. The Bar is located adjacent to the main pool and offers an all day drinks and dining option serving a comprehensive range of wines and cocktails along with traditional international and Asian favourites. Six Senses Spa offers a truly relaxing and revitalizing experience with therapeutic and pampering treatments to balance the senses. Just Kids! Has its own swimming pool and keeps children entertained all day, and at night offers evening sleepovers with professional supervision.Free wifi is available in all guests rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Evason Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evason Hua Hin Hotel Pran Buri
- Evason Hua Hin Thailand/Pranburi