“Stop Looking Looking For Paradise And Just Book Here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Evason Hua Hin

Evason Hua Hin
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Pranburi
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Stop Looking Looking For Paradise And Just Book Here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I looked at as many locations as i could process, looking for a place that would supply luxury with adventure as my wife and I were setting out on a special break. My wife Maggie was celebrating her birthday and it was also our wedding anniversary, so a blessing would seal the package.
The Evason Hua Hin exceeded our expectations in so many ways. The figure of speech 'they couldn't do enough for us', is often over used but here we go again.... Having upgraded to a sea view room on the advise of our butler Fai we settled in to what would become the holiday of a lifetime ( yes I know another cliché... ), with the help of a bath in your room large enough to wash a baby elephant . On awakening the breakfast area brings together some of the freshest food you'll find worldwide, In a serene setting filled with the natural sounds and anything which may not lend itself to the ambience e.g.. speakers for very low volume calming music is given the Thai-touch by covering them in bamboo casing. This theme continues throughout the resort where they bring the outside to the inside. The restrooms are a brilliant example of this!
One of the staff (an Australian girl from the pool bar) loaned us her own trip advisor to plan trips.One of which was a trip to the caves at the national park which we got with the great help of one of the hotel drivers by their name of Min. He was on his first day at the hotel (we were his first fare). We are self-employed in the customer care industry and this driver could write a book on customer care! Having made several stops on the way to ensure we had water fruit etc. continued to practically pull us up a mountain (I'm 6ft3 and not of slight build lets say), massage my wife's leg which cramped up with the climb, took pictures any every occasion, helped us back down the mountain and the found a beautiful Buddhist temple to get a blessing for our wedding anniversary !? This is one example of what you will find Here... Not to mention that Fai (our Butler) Helped me organize on another day, lots of surprises for my wife's birthday including elephant trekking, shopping a gorgeous meal on the resort and a cake with a card signed by so many of the Evason staff.
On the night before we left as chance would have it, the hotel manager who works one night a month as a member of staff to give management a feel for how guests are enjoying their stay, joined us at our table for feedback (in a typical Thai non-intrusive manner).
This is a very special place from which we've taken home some incredible memories.
Thank you to all the staff of the Evason Hua Hin. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Room Tip: Sea view pool vila or sea view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pascalandMaggie
Jamester, Director of Sales at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear pascalandMaggie,

WOW! What a fantastic review and from each and every host at the resort, I would like to convey their thanks for sharing your thoughts and impressions with everyone. From my side, it really is a harmonious place in which to work and I have never worked anywhere where everyone genuinely takes so much pride over their role in the bigger picture. Our hosts dedication and commitment to guest satisfaction is one asset we are truly proud of.

Thank you once again, we will put your review up in our Host Area for all to see and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed for 11 nights in October 2012. I would definitely return. The breakfast is a wonderful experience and the chill out time around the pool is most relaxing. I particularly enjoyed the cold towels and found the pool staff very attentive.
There are restaurants within walking distance all serving good food.
Equally we ate at the beach restaurant at Evason and both the view across the gulf of Thailand and the quality of food was excellent. Of course you will pay more but it was worth it.
We hired the pedal cycles at the Hotel which was a fun way of exploring.
The gym is well equipped air conditioned and was generally quiet at the times I used the facilities.
We upgraded to a sea view room after one night and this was worth it and mad our stay that bit more special.
Hua Hin is around a 40 minute drive away. Have a walk to the train station it is picturesque and worth a visit.
We are planning to return later this year

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juesreviews
Dear Juesreviews,

Many thanks for sharing your review with the online community, I am glad that you had a good stay with us. We are currently working hard improving the resort, ready for your next visit. At the moment, wifi is being installed as I type so should be ready within the next few weeks! New televisions, new gym equipment, new roofs, new floors!

We all look forward to your next visit and your next review!

WIth regards,

Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Regrettably, we have just returned from 10 wonderful nights relaxing at The Evason Hua Hin. So let's begin by clearing a few things up which I am sure if you have done your homework you will already know, However people still keep bringing them up.
1. Yes this The resort is three and a half hours in good traffic from Bangkok, it's worth it so make the effort
2.The Evason don't advertise themselves as a beach resort, so lets get over the fact that there is no real beach to speak of.
3. There is a road between the resort and the 'no real beach to speak of'. Look it's not a motorway or even a busy side road, I have seen more traffic on the way to a village pub in England.
4. The resort is Eco friendly, not old and run down. If you want 5* perfection and no character I suggest that you stay in Bangkok or some other city in a famous branded 5* place.
5. The Evason Hua Hin is not in Hua Hin. Shock Horror! If you have done your homework you would know this. Thank goodness it is not in Hua Hin or we would possibly not be coming here.

OK so now that is all cleared up, here is our review of our recent second stay here.

We arrived after the usual 3 and a half hour transfer tired and hungry. We were greeted with a massive genuine smile and 'Welcome back' from the front of house team. Cooling towel and drink as is the norm.
Check-In must have taken a total of 5 minutes if that. An apology was a surprise as we were informed that the pool villa we had stayed in last year was not available however villa 220 is just a nice. Yes I have to agree it was just as good.
I have not seen inside any of the other accommodation here at Evason but I have to say, for us the Pool villa is a must. Private, well appointed, and most important spotlessly clean. First impressions go a long way, and this was a great start.

The villa as I have said was spotless, one of the comfiest beds we have ever had in Asia, a large day bed and the usual mini bar, Tea & Coffee etc as you would expect. Flat screen TV and DVD player. Good selection of DVD's are available simply by picking up the phone and choosing from well over 100 titles if you fancy a movie night in.

A small and practical bathroom with separate WC.

Outside is the lush garden and pool area, with sunken bath in the lily pond if you fancy it. The pool was small but more than adequate for cooling off in the searing heat of the day. A couple of sturdy wooden pool loungers (I hate the plastic ones) and a day bed/sala for the essential shade. PERFECT.

Breakfast as many have said is the best! you will not starve here that's for sure. The selection is a real mix of nations from Western Bacon and Eggs to Japanese Sushi to traditional Noodle soup. Fresh fruit, juice and pastries baked each morning.

The pool area is large with ample beds from what we saw when walking past, since we had our own pool paradise we didn't use the main one.

A good selection of food at the pool bar all day and great drinks including a 'No so rush hour' 5.30pm to 7.30pm ideal to try those cocktails all for 250Tbht each.

Now for my only gripe which has both a positive and negative side. The Noodle bar
Each lunch time the noodle bar open offering about 8 dishes of noodles all for less than 100 baht each and a handful of drink again 45 baht each. Perfect for a quick snack to put you on until dinner in the evening.
However it has been relocated to the side of the pool, not an ideal location, the stools are too tall for the height of the tables and the noodle bar itself looks like something from a bad 1950's roadside shack. Now I know why they moved it as I asked, simply due to the roof being replaced on the breakfast room where it was previously located. However it just doesn't feel the right place for it at all and an uncomfortable experience.
However that said, the noodles really are great and tasty, an ideal hunger buster.

There is as much or as little as you want to do here, We chose the option this time of do nothing, and I mean nothing. The most strenuous thing we had to do was walk 100 metres or so to one of the local restaurants for dinner on an evening, or 30 metres to Kieng Sar Restaurant on site.
If you want to get out and about the hotel lay on many excursions, or just hire a bike, scooter, ATV from the front of the hotel and explore. There is something for everyone.

One final note on our review that really does need to be mentioned.
You know when you are on holiday and the staff say hello and smile (through gritted teeth) every time you walk past some one? Well that doesn't happen here.
What happens at Evason is that every member of the team from Gardener to Pool guy, to Housekeeping and luggage man all smile, say hello and acknowledge you and you really feel like they mean it.
Go on make the effort, yes its a trek from Bangkok, no it's not in Hua Hin, no there is no real beach, but you won't be dissapointed.

Can not wait to go back again.

Room Tip: Pool Villa is the way to go
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mad_Man_Yorkshire
Jamester, Director of Sales at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear I_Hate_Mushrooms,

Thank you once again for sharing with the Tripadvisor community and us, feedback from your recent trip. It's great to have you staying back with us again and to see that you have scored us higher than your last visit! We have been doing touch ups and renovations here and there and we're getting there... The flat screen TV in the Evason Pool Villa is new and the next time (next month in fact) I have been promised that wifi will also be available. The Noodle Bar was indeed moved when we replaced the entire roof at The Restaurant and as they need to do the 2 rooms to the left of The Restaurant at the end of May, we will keep it the otherside until then but I will be sure to pass on your comments to the F&B Team. There's nothing else for me to say except thank you, thank you and thank you for all of the honest points you have mentioned in your review. Let's hope everyone reads it!

Until the next time,

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here last year in april in a poolvilla (then it was stil sixsenses), we came in our room and thought this is heaven. we could check in and out in room. beautifull room, much space to put everything of you luggage away.
breakfast was super, buffet and service on table.
lunch was good, but the last 3 days the italian restaurant was not open, so you can only eat at the big restaurant... that was a dissapointing because we really liked having lunch there.
dinner we had every night at the thai restaurant which was very good.
the happy hour with the free wine was excellent, but I don't know that they still do it, because it was then six senses and not evason...
only negative, there is no beachseats on beach, but my own fault I should looked that up with booking.
the service was excellent from breakfast, butler, dinner everybody. we recommend this to everybody that want a relaxing holiday on your on private villa pool.

Room Tip: take a poolvilla
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamester, Director of Sales at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear jessica v,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us in April. I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. The Beach Restaurant is still open but we relocated it to The Living Room whilst the beach road repairs are executed. We will move it back very soon as the work along the beach road will end soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Pool Villa in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Been there a few days ago.

Not connected to the beach wasn't a big deal for us since we were looking for a place where we can stay in private and this place didn't disappoint us at all. We almost suddenly decided that we would stay for one more night since the second we stepped into the room. This pool villa was very fantastic, quiet and got enough facilities we needed.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Thank you K. Noon, the receptionist for her help with all our requests. The breakfast was WOW, we enjoyed it so much that I forgot I'm still on a diet! We started to think of our next available schedule to come back here again in a few months!

Love the pool, love the outdoor bathtub, love the outdoor shower - very romantic.
The property was almost fully booked while we stayed but the environment was very peaceful.

We did have a small complaint to Evason team about some animal and cleanliness. There was a little pest came out at night to find some food. He was ranning around our pool for a few minutes before disappeared into the bush. Also, a group of hair and women hair rubber band were left on the tiny shelf at shower area (certainly not ours). Other than that, everything else was very fine.

If you don't mind drive for around 3.5 hours from Bangkok and that the beach isn't so close to the resort's main pull (there is a small road in between), we definitely recommend anyone visit this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bee C,

Thank you for taking the time to write following your recent visit. I am glad that we were worth the drive and that you enjoyed yourselves so much that you decided to stay longer. That's a great advertisment right there that we must be doing what we do right! I am sorry that you encountered one or two minor issues however am happy that these were fixed and resolved for you efficiently.

We are really not that far from Bangkok so hopefully when you want to escape the rush of the city, we will be on your mind again.

Until the next time,

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is the 4th time we have been to Evason and we plan to make another trip later on this year.
As always we found the staff to be extremely attentive, friendly and are always on hand. We decided, on this occasion to upgrade our room to a pool villa and we were not disappointed. The villa provided an ideal pool and garden space that enabled us to relax in peace and total privacy.
All of the staff made our holiday so special.

Dear Max77Dublin,

Thank you for your comments and for coming back to visit us again and again! We're currently working on some improvements so on your next visit you'll be able to see some changes!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Warm regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

having finished my business in bangkok earlier than expected i found that my wife and i had two nights free. checking out the reviews on tripadvisor and seeing the specials being run by the Evason we decided to kill two birds with one stone and spend a few days in a luxury resort and look at property in the area at the same time.we drove down in the morning and arrived for check in at around 1.30pm. placed into buggies and driven to the reception area, the other guests received their welcome drinks while we sat waiting for someone to attend to us. another few guests arrived and they after duly being checked in got whisked off to their rooms while we waited. my patience having worn thin we were attended to and excuses flowed. for the inconvenience we received a fruit platter (two bananas an apple and a dragonfruit) the bottom line, they cannot cope with more than one check in guest at a time.
the rooms are small but comfortable but at normal rates way overpriced for what you get. the tv is dated and had to be turned to a position for it to work properly.
the following day after a nicely laid out breakfast we headed off only to return at 9pm that evening, to find that our room had not been cleaned at all during the day. we called housekeeping which couldnt shed any light as to why the room had not been cleaned. only at check out was this again addressed and i was assured a room upgrade when returning.
i wont return, i saw a few hotels aroound the area which i would try out first.
no one warned us about the construction work going on at the pool area which is annoing to say the least. in a nutshell it is time that these overpriced underpreforming hotels like this get a wake up call. you are nowhere near Hua Hin but a good 20 to 30 min drive back into town. the fact that it is a world renowned spa group etc does not give anyone the right to treat guests with the disdain we received.
the following morning at check out i was assured this is a

Room Tip: go to the next hotel
2 Thank Richard K
Jamester, Director of Sales at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear rpkuit,

Thank you for taking the time to express your dissatisfaction with the service you received during your recent stay. I am very sorry that you have received poor service during your stay and have highlighted it here to allow us to investigate in detail. I have checked with the team personally as to what went wrong and it seems that upon check in there was a group and our front office staff assumed you were together with them. I agree that this is not the service you should have received upon first impressions. With regards to the housekeeping issue, it appears that the Do Not Disturb 'eyes' were closed during the day. I am not sure if you had changed this or someone else had done it and this was the reason the room was not made. We had also put a note under the door to say that we have respected your request for privacy for which you had acknowledged receipt of.

We are currently in the process of upgrading the room facilities and 50% of the resort now has flat screen LED TVs. The lead in room types will receive these in September. Wifi is being installed as we speak and will be up and running by mid-end June.

We do not rest the name of Six Senses and firmly believe that all of the positive reviews and awards we receive are from every one of our hosts' hard work and dedication in ensuring that all guests have a memorable time with us. I am sorry that this did not happen on this occasion and I would personally like to invite you back to stay with us, with our compliments so that you may post a better review next time. You may contact me directly on dos-huahin@sixsenses.com when you would like to stay with us again.

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pranburi
Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Anantara Hua Hin Resort
#7 of 134 in Hua Hin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,184 reviews

Been to Evason Hua Hin? Share your experiences!