“Heaven”

Evason Hua Hin
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Pranburi
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Lodd this place....
Lovely stay at a pool villa....
Excellent service, food, room, pool(s).
Quiet location, but some nice places to eat and/or drink next by.
Around 30 min travel by resort shuttle bus to Hua Hin city.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamester, Director of Sales at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear F2F11,

We are all glad you had a great time, thank you for posting your comments!

Hope to see you again soon!

Director of Sales

Write a ReviewReviews (1,813)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Firstly I had an amazing time a fortnight ago. The breakfasts were epic and my husband was blown away by the resort!

However one word of warning:
- I have just had an issue with the jewellery store Saphira which is within the resort. To be more precise the issue is with the Hua Hin town branch where my husband bought a silver and emerald ring on the 20th November for £80 (4000 baht). I didn't wear it while on holiday as I didn’t want to ruin it with sun cream. On my first day back in UK (so 5 days after buying it), one of the stones fell out. I took it to a jeweller who said it would cost £35 to fix it and that it wasn't worth it in his opinion. Given the sentimental value I will still go ahead but it is hugely disappointing that such a great brand as Evason/ SixSenses is associated with such poor workmanship and quality.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kschlenzka

Dear Kschlenzka,

Many thanks for your comments and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at the resort. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with the jewellery shop on property and to be honest, this is the first incident that we have had, to my knowledge, of something going wrong with the pieces sold there. If there is anything I can do to liaise with the owner of the shop for you or if you would like their contact details yourself, please drop me a line at dos-huahin@sixsenses.com and I will be more than happy to assist.

Whilst writing I would like to wish you compliments of the season.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our 5 nights in this resort have been a pleasure and a relaxing experience. The only really annoying thing was the waether - roughly 60% of our stay was accompanied by T-storms and rain, warm temperatures though.

Room type: Pool villa

Positives:
- Beautiful tropical resort
- Nice spa area and skilled employees (we tried 4 different spa offers, all of them can be recommended)
- Breakfast is wonderful
- Pool villa very clean and romantic
- Very good food quality in all restaurants
- In general extremely helpful and friendly staff

To be improved/negatives:
- Tv in the room is somewhat outdated
- At this time a year there is literally no beach due to tides. But anyway, the sea does not really look like you'd want to swim in there
- Hua Hin town is far away, but its not worth the ride anyway. If you want to experience a lovely and "traditional" Thai city, travel to Chiang Mai. We gave Hua Hin a try nonetheless and used the hotel shuttle (200 per person per way) - the driver seemed to be veeery tired and nearly caused a major accident in Hua Hin. Just because we started to shout he suddenly noticed the queue in front of him and hit the brakes... with smoking tires and remaining margin of 10cm we luckliy came to a full stop.

Final comment and suggestions: we would definitely choose this resort again. If you consider a visit, make sure you book a pool villa and don't come with the idea that anything is cheap in Asia. This hotel features more or less European prices, but you'll appreciate the quality you get in return.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamester, Director of Sales at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear VapAir,

Thank you for your nice review and I am glad to receive the positive and negative feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the food, spa and surroundings of the resort. As for the televisions - yes they the old box style and we will be replacing them all at some point in the coming year. As for the driver of the shuttle bus, this has been brought to the limo company's attention who operate this service on behalf of the hotel.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

With regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is like Marmite.... You either love it or you don't.
I loved it. Booked five days before as a last minute much needed de-stress break, I then read recent trip advisor reviews & was worried I had chosen the wrong hotel. Even after a 24 hr trip & a long drive, I stepped out of the taxi and into the golf cart & felt enveloped into a beautiful calm serene environment. I had a pool villa. It's was perfect. My butler Kung was attentive and helpful, from my pillow selection (feather) to my favourite scent on the pillow (Lemongrass) nothing was too much trouble. I developed a taste for peanut M&M's. these were kept replenished in my mini-bar. I drink a lot of water, I could have bathed in my selection of local bottled water, so well was it replenished too. The housekeeper, Aen, plus all the "hosts" as Evason describes their staff could not have been kinder or more helpful. My room had loads of goodies, including inspect repellant, plug in & burner, plus lotion, after sun shampoo & conditioner, body lotion, incense, tea & coffee plus a reasonably priced mini bar choice. The mosquito net was fab & affective. My outdoor bath and pool were to die for. I utterly adored my stay, and can't fault the staff whether in the spa's, which are superb, or the restaurants and bar too. I am a recently single person after over thirty years as part of a couple, & could have felt lonely in this couples resort, but I never felt uncomfortable or sad here! The Earth Spa is beautiful, I had treatments everyday, with Joy and Ann, and spent a lot of time in the beach bar. The service here is relaxed but charming too, & if you catch their eye, or wave over the balcony, someone was soon there. I loved the fact I could recline on a day bed for hours, and not feel pressurised into ordering refreshments, unless I wanted one. The Thai restaurant was fantastic, wonderful food and fabulous service and a romantic table on the floating island on my last night. I did the cooking lesson too, wow, with recipes and an apron, which I have repeated at home!
I can understand some of the previous comments but I did not mind the laid back relaxed atmosphere, and if I say this place reminded me of the Maldives it may convey the chilled relaxed feel. The TV was old, but I don't watch TV so don't know if it worked & don't care. The spa was first class, I've been to Banyan Tree, Nusa Dua and Chiva Som and this was as good. I think charm goes a long way and Evason Hua Hin has it in bucket loads. I can't wait to return.
If you go, make sure you sit on the balcony of the bar, have a lemon grass tea, visit Joy in the Spa, try the regional Thai food in the restaurant and let Kung take care of you. Plus the breakfast buffet... Described already by so many visitors. The pool staff and everyone else too!

Room Tip: Pool villa
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Jamester, Director of Sales at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear WenhastonBunny,

I'm really, really happy to read your review this morning as it's a true testament to our superb hosts that they have really made you feel special and welcome at our resort. We do try not to pitch ourselves as a couples resort as I believe we have something for everyone. Whether travelling alone, as a couple or with the family, Evason Hua Hin really can suit everyone and I'm glad, again, that you felt comfortable here.

Hope you are impressing all of your friends back home with a Thai Night dinner party, I'm sure you can get almost all the ingredients in the UK now!

Wishing you Season's Greetings on behalf of all of our hosts,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here for a week a fortnight ago and had an amazing time! So relaxing and indulgent.
Positives:
As mentioned by people before the maid and pool boys were lovely and I really can't fault the service at all.
Breakfast has a fantastic variety and we stuffed ourselves daily - total bliss!
Even though some people had an issue with the road betwen the pool and the beach - we really didn't notice it and it's really quiet.

Slight negatives:
The gym could do with an update or two. The treadmill and cycles in particular could do with being replaced - the treadmill switched itself off twice during a run and the cycles have a grinding sound as you cycle.
Check in - make sure that your travel agent makes it clear you will be arriving early if want to avoid waiting - we were left hanging out in the bar for an hour after a 13 hour flight and 4 hour tarnsfer.
Return transfers - Don't believe them when they say pick up at 730am to get to the airport for a 1.30pm flight. The toll system creates enormous traffic jams and we spent at least an hour crawling on the 'express' way. A very stressful end to a holiday. I should have insisted on the 630 pick up I wanted.

Facilities outside hotel:
Tthe massage people on the right are really great and 300 baht for 90mins is a total bargain - just make sure you have anti mosquito spray on if you are having a massage at dusk as you are essentially a captive meal for insects then!
Hiring a taxi to hua hin is 700 baht and 30 mins journey
Theres is a Tesco in market village for all major shops and cheap clothing (flip flops etc). Market Village also has an extensive food court which could be handy.
Make sure you have a fresh fish meal at a restaurant on a pier or in the night market
Tthe Cicada night market is a more civilised affair that the night market in centre of town. It has a craft and art focus, food is bought on a voucher system - great variety and tasty. Reasonable too. We were pretty stuffed on £10. Friday- Sunday evenings.
If you're feeling brave, hire a moped. 150-250 baht depending on motor size.
A short trip down the coast takes you to a forest park and cool temple. If you want a decent beach as opposed to the one opposite the hotel, there is also one there.
We took our moped on the long trip to some Outlet stores north of Hua Hin (FN outlet) and north of Cha Am (Premium Outlet). Both are worth a trip if your bottom and nerves are up for it.

Restaurants outside the hotel:
The restaurant after windy bar (with a boat masthead outside) is quirky and service is good. Food is reasonable.
The Very good rewstaurant is in fact ok. Great free meal ending - fruit and sticky rice. Yum.
The Good view restaurant - go early to get a table with a good view which we never managed. The food is great, probably the best outosde the hotel but service is dreadful. Prepare to be patient (Not one of our skills)
The Thai Restaurant in hotel. Amazing flavours, no MSG, divided by region, a real experience, if you only go once then save it for the last day so the other restaurants nearby aren't ruined by comparison because this is the best we've tried

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kschlenzka

Dear Kschlenzka,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review with loads of suggestions from your recent visit. I'm really glad that you tried everything in and around the resort and I'm sure the F&B team will be happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort Thai restaurant the best! It's great eating your way around Thailand in that restaurant - you can try things you don't usually find on a typical Thai menu.

I'll share your comments with the rest of the team for their information and action where necessary. We have some resort enhancements planned in the near future so come back and visit us again when you are ready for a chill out and relax again!

Wishing you Season's Greetings!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Relax, clean and comfortable resort in Hua Hin.
The staff there are friendly and helpful.
But it's a little bit far from Hua Hin town.
Around 30 mins travel by Resort shuttle bus to town.
All in all, Six Senses Hideaway Hua Hin is excellent for relaxation.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear wkh331,

Thank you for coming to stay with us and I'm glad that you had a good time! We hope to see you again in the future!

With regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very nice rooms, little details and resort. The breakfast was actually one of the best selections in Thailand and also very well presented. The staff are freindly and have a lovely comfortable uniform (the maintanance staff all look like Bob The Builder :)). Main criticism are the TV's in the room are a good 10 years old, our TV's volume didnt work at all, by the time we got back to the room it was too late to do anything about it. The bath / shower is of a standard home pro type and health and safety nightmare...especially if you have a 7 month pregnant wife! The resort is also very dark at night time, it rained when we were there so it was also very slippery (I went flying on my &^%$ and trashed a pair of white linen pants). However, we would definetely go back again (after the baby), there are lots of facilities there including tennis courts. The food was very good and service excellent, as I said, just some silly design flaws.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AdamBKK290,

Thank you for taking the time to drop us a line. I'm happy that you had a good time. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team. I keep promising but new TVs are on the way, it's just that we need 300 so it's a big order to place. But... coming soon for sure!

Congratulations with the birth of your baby and we look forward to welcoming the whole family back in the future.

Warm regards,

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pranburi
Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas
Putahracsa Hua Hin
#4 of 144 in Hua Hin
9 mi away
Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin

Been to Evason Hua Hin? Share your experiences!